An analytical and intelligence-gathering function that is responsible for driving the Sales Inventory Operations Planning (SIOP) process through the organization. Leads cross functional meetings with sales, product managers, production leaders, buyers, planners, finance, customer service, and senior leadership monthly. Responsible for using driving forecasting using SIOP and Oracle JD Edwards ERP to create and maintain accurate product forecasts to ensure that customer service levels are maximized while inventory levels are maintained at optimum levels. Reports to the Operations Manager and has a Materials Analyst as one direct report. BA/BS or equivalent in business related field with 3 to 5 years of experience. Must have excellent analytical, organization, and communications, organizational skills. Prior experience with SIOP or sales forecasting is required.
- Sales Inventory Operations Planning Leader for Ashland
- Manage SIOP groupings for entire business
- Create review packages for the teams to review
- Pilot new metrics for SIOP
- Drive SIOP metrics monthly with senior leadership
- Working with the supply planners, coordinate product transitions, including introductions (from a planning/forecasting standpoint from initial product reviews through pre-production and full production) and phase-outs. Monitor programs for schedule disruptions and notify management when required.
- Lead the Materials analyst to drive Inventory reduction goals as defined by the SIOP process to maximize inventory turns while improving customer service levels. Coordinate project teams consisting of multi functions across all parts of the business in areas of lean manufacturing, inventory reduction, work cell inventory turn improvements, SKU reduction, excess and obsolete avoidance and minimization, safety stock and Kanban sizing, and part usage analysis for proper business sizing in conjunction of Kaizen activities.
- Manage and Drive inventory annual planning and follow up on inventory targets of Net Inventory, NITO turns, and service level as part of SIOP.
- Act as the primary contact with Sales, Marketing, and Planning, coordinating input regarding customer requirements and resource constraints to develop the part level Sales Forecast in JD Edwards ERP. Through the use of sales history and other key inputs, review critical forecast items in appropriate weekly/monthly cycles, adjusting the items forecasts to meet customer requirements per specific sales forecasts or per historical trends.
- Collect, examine, and analyze statistical data using software models and data-mining techniques to forecast product/market trends, evaluate and measure various performance parameters such as delivery, lead-time, etc., and self-monitor forecast accuracy.
- Administer Sales Event Program by serving as the main contact for advance notification from in-house product managers or field sales personnel of potential new or incremental business. Ensure that proper authorization is obtained, when necessary, prior to forecast input, and that pending events are monitored and maintained by rescheduling, adjusting, or deleting.
- Responsible for Engineering Change Order and Implementation meetings for operations (ECO/ECI) meetings and updates
- Responsible to coordinate and lead yearly physical inventory
- Drive IT development of JDE Forecast Improvements based on Kaizen activities
- Be champion of lean transformation initiatives and continuous improvement methodologies
- Must have strong working knowledge of PC applications especially Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint (Access database knowledge also a plus)
- Experience in an ERP environment, preferably using J.D. Edwards or PeopleSoft systems.
- Professional certification by the American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) is desirable.
- Excellent data analysis skills, ideally including background knowledge of statistical forecasting software with a desire to understand the data to drive solutions.
- Ability to effectively work cross-functionally and influence, advise and direct members outside the direct reporting structure to perform job requirements and meet deadlines.
Must have excellent written and verbal skills, and an open attitude for continuous improvement. Coordinate Sales Inventory Operations Planning (SIOP) process. Compile actual sales and forecast data to drive changes to business decisions to support sales and customers. Lead monthly meetings aimed at gathering consensus on the future direction of the business in various major product groups. Document meeting discussions and publish minutes. Follow-up with appropriate changes to forecast and key operational levers.
Supply Chain Management