To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
610 North Main Street
Wichita, KS 67203
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
: Director of Information Technology
Envision • Wichita, KS
Posted 2 months ago
The Director of Information Technology is responsible for ensuring the development and maintenance of the business application ecosystem necessary to support Envision’s mission, strategic plan and business goals. The Director collaborates with an outsourced IT Managed Services Team to ensure proper alignment of IT infrastructure for the required business applications. The Director leads the prioritization of technology initiatives, plans for technology growth, oversees the organization’s technology portfolio and supports business operations in order to improve cost effectiveness and service quality within the operations and focus areas of the organization.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
· Manage the organization’s business application portfolio
· Partner with outsourced IT Managed Services team to ensure business applications, middleware and internet services operate reliably on personal computers, mainframes, servers, data storage devices, networks and other IT systems that comprise the core infrastructure.
· Acquire and implement technology initiatives that support Envision’s strategic plan and business objectives and foster innovation.
· Understand the organization’s business processes and acquire business application systems.
· Coordinate with outsourced IT Managed Services team to ensure adequate infrastructure architecture exists to support required business applications.
· Oversee new business application system installation and integration efforts, manage expectations, and work to prevent interruption to IT services and loss of productivity.
· Recommend, approve and implement software residing or housed on any on-premise or cloud-based Envision network in order to ensure security and integrity of Envision’s data and systems.
· Create, maintain, and implement a Disaster Recovery Plan in conjunction with the outsourced IT Managed Services team.
· Ensure all electronic systems comply with contract provisions and federal mandates, including HIPAA, PCI, and other regulations.
· Review hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts regularly.
· Lead and manage internal business application support team, manage vendor relationships and interact with business partners across the organization to understand and satisfy their technology needs.
· Maintain a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintain compliance with established safety policies and procedures.
· Implement and enforce Envision policies related to network and electronic communications, and computer and technology usage.
· Serve as a business analyst and hands-on project manager to balance business requirements with the organization’s computing capabilities.
· Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including current technologies and pricing. Advise, counsel and educate the executive staff on their competitive and financial impact. Participate in corporate leadership team meetings.
· Develop and manage information technology department and operating budgets, review and approve IT spending, and understand cost elements related to the delivery and implementation of technology projects, products, systems and resource allocation.
· Supervise work assignments, develop, mentor and discipline IT staff; provide regular performance updates and feedback; conduct regularly scheduled staff meetings.
· Establish professional growth opportunities to ensure IT staff competency.
· Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Technology or Business Management required; Masters in Information Systems degree or MBA preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 10 years of broad-based information systems experience preferably in light manufacturing and retail environments, with at least 5 years of demonstrated management/supervisory responsibilities required.
· Must have significant hands–on experience in business application administration and IT administration.
· Strong proficiency in computer knowledge and experience including Microsoft Office products, and a strong emphasis on business application architecture and management.
· Expertise in business process decomposition, structured analysis and design.
· Strong project management and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion related to technology systems and content.
· Passion for serving the mission of Envision, Inc.
· PMP Certification a plus
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.