To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New Bremen, OH 45869
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Technical Writer - Software Developement Support
New Bremen, OH
Posted 1 month ago
Crown Equipment Corporation is a leading innovator in world-class forklift and material handling equipment and technology. Crown brings the benefits of technology to material handling by connecting lift trucks, operators and facilities and collecting accurate, real-time information for better decision-making.
The Technical Writer is a critical role in the development of Crown’s award-winning InfoLink, a global fleet management software solution.
- Provide administrative support to prepare for software product development meetings. Ensure creation and presentation of detailed documentation for product descriptions, artwork, and other exhibits.
- Research, create, maintain, and publish communications for product offerings, internal practices, intercompany operating instructions, internal and professional quality release notes, operating instructions, in-application helps, user manuals, and frequently asked questions pages. Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts to increase user understanding and ease of use.
- Coordinate all documentation for accuracy, ensure professional quality, and publish upon completion. Maintain comprehensive document library including managing revisions and archiving. Gather usability feedback from customers.
- 2 years related experience with technical writing
- Bachelor degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or related field; or equivalent education/work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication in explanatory and procedural styles for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office products and working knowledge of interactive web technologies which blend text, graphics, multidimensional images, sound, and video
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well within a team including fellow writers, designers, editors, and the technical staff whose information needs explained
- Ability to occasionally travel with overnight stays
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Exposure to a technical subject, such as computer science or engineering
- Proficiency with web design and graphic design
Related Terms: Documentation Specialist, Editor, MS Office Suite, Tech Writer, Technical Communicator
Crown will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
No agency calls please.
Compensation and Benefits:
Crown offers an excellent wage and benefits package for full-time employees including Health/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Plan, Flexible Benefits Plan, 401K Retirement Savings Plan, Life and Disability Benefits, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
EO/AA Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled