The Sounding & Breakers Resort in Cape Cod is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician who will be responsible for the cosmetic appearance and the mechanical function of all the buildings and grounds in both the interior and exterior of the entire property. The maintenance technician is responsible for maintaining proper working relations within the department and with other operating departments on property and for providing outstanding guest satisfaction. This position requires basic knowledge and troubleshooting skills in the Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing and Appliance repair fields.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401K match as well as 4 weeks Paid-Time Off within your first year!
We are offering a $1,000 Sign-On Bonus to be paid in increments.
- High School Diploma and/or Trade School Certification (preferred)
- 2-3 years technical training or equivalent maintenance technician experience or hospitality experience
- Thorough knowledge of Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, Mechanical equipment, Appliance repair, Carpentry, Painting, Flooring, and General Building Maintenance.
- Must understand and comply with OSHA guidelines.
- Must understand and comply with County and state, building and operating codes Certifications may be preferred per site requirements.
- Must have excellent inter-personal skills when dealing with guests, associates, and the general public.
- Must be able to learn and adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- Must have follow through process on short-term and long-term projects.
- Be a self-starter and able to work independently.
- Possess a team player attitude and able to take direction from Engineering Manager.
We are an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace. If offered employment, applicant must be willing to submit to a background check/drug test.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Providing Memorable Vacations and So Much More
View the full profile
Founded in 1966, Bluegreen has always provided opportunities for busy families to slow down, relax and share time together.
Bluegreen Vacations Unlimited, Inc. (Bluegreen Vacations), a wholly owned subsidiary of Bluegreen Corporation, manages and markets the Bluegreen Vacation Club®, a flexible, points-based, deeded vacation ownership program that connects over 200,000 owners with over 60 Bluegreen resorts in more than 40 popular destinations across the continental U.S. and the Caribbean.
Bluegreen Corporation, a leader in the vacation ownership industry and wholly owned subsidiary of BBX Capital Corporation, offers a portfolio of comprehensive, turnkey, fee-based service resort management, financial services, and sales and marketing services on behalf of third parties.
The company advances its purpose, share happiness, by providing quality, flexibility and choice to Bluegreen Vacation Club owners, and through the creation of strategic alliances to expand vacation opportunities for everyone. Our relationship with Bass Pro Shops®, one of America’s premier outdoor retailers, has resulted in thousands of vacations and millions of smiles for travelers. Most recently, Bluegreen Vacations became the Official Vacation Ownership Provider for Choice Hotels®, one of the largest and most successful lodging companies in the world.
Our more than 4,500 associates are committed to not only providing the best vacation experiences possible, but also to leaving a positive impact on the communities in which we live and do business through advocacy and action.
2016 marked the 50th golden anniversary of our company, and we invite you to continue the celebration.