- Interviewing possible new patients by telephone.
- Principle contact with attorneys and their offices for possible new referrals.
- Scheduling of patients for appointments with physicians, physical therapists and diagnostics.
- Processing all paperwork necessary for worker’s compensation cases, including work status reports, referrals and prescriptions.
- Obtaining and reviewing relevant medical records and work statuses.
- Other front desk duties, including reception and answering the phones.
- Timely following up with patient’s attorney and physicians’ offices to ensure proper care and representation.
Educational and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum two years of experience in a healthcare setting required.
- Worker’s compensation experience preferred.
- Spanish speaking preferred.
- Solid computer skills. Medisoft experience a plus.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Dynamic communication and telephone rapport.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with patients, team, physicians, and attorneys.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Positive attitude and capacity to deal with difficult situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Self-starter who will be proactive on the patient’s behalf.
Setting Up Files
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
$15.00 - $20.00 / hour
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
CD Capital primarily finances the creation and preservation of housing, particularly affordable housing, as well as the development of multi-family, commercial and mixed-use real estate. CD Capital’s community based lending activities are responsible for revitalizing communities, providing affordable housing, bringing properties back into commerce, improving the tax base, and strengthening the local economy of New Orleans and Louisiana.
View the full profile
Our goal is to provide financing alternatives to developers in order to help meet this market need. As a premier source of innovative capital in the state of Louisiana, CD Capital has been, and will continue, to lead the way toward the development of a transformed local community. Our desire is to serve as a more effective delivery system for citizens, neighborhoods, developers and non-profits to work together to create much needed affordable housing options.