· Advocates are in a call center environment and serve as the first point of contact by answering inbound calls from customers. Our customers are calling in regards to their Employee Assistance Program/Behavioral Health, Substance Abuse benefits, or claims inquires
· Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· 1. Multi-tasking; listening, typing, taking notes, maneuvering through different systems we utilize, paying attention to the queue, etc.
· 2. Registering customers in the intake system, opening case files for documenting
· 3. Ability to deescalate callers and being able to appropriately address sensitive issues with callers.
· 4. Assisting customers with requests for services, verifying eligibility for the requested service, and addressing other issues complex in nature.
· 5. Educating customers with respect to parameters of services and benefits design.
· 6. Providing customers with names and phone numbers of nearest clinicians according to contract, clinical specialty, and/or geographic need.
· 7. Writing authorizations for the appropriate level of care to insure claims are paid correctly.
· 8. Provide timely follow-up calls to customers as needed.
· 9. Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of the responsibilities and workflows of the various departments within the business unit, other areas within and matrix partners.
· 10. Participating in staff meetings and in-service seminars.
· 11. Completing additional tasks and projects as assigned.
· 12. Monitoring and following daily schedule as assigned.
· 13. Consistently is ready to take callsatthe start of their shift and manages their daily
· Scheduled as assigned by the resource planning team.
· 14. Responsible for meeting Quality Score of 92% or greater each month
· Independent problem solving
· Time management
· Team work
· Interpersonal skills
· Experience in a health related field required.
· Proficient typing skills and the ability to toggle between multiple computer applications.
· Ability to maintain professional and positive interactions with customers and internal matrix partners.
· Ability to take on additional tasks as assigned and remains productive and supportive to the team and the incoming call volume.
· Independent problem solving skills within a team setting.
· Customer service experience strongly preferred.
· Experience level: 2-4 years.
· Bachelor’s degree in mental health field or psychology/social work related field required.
· Master’s degree in mental health field or psychology/social work related field preferred (special note: this educational level may be required by some CBH customers as designated specifically within their contracted services)
Complex Problem Solving