Operations Technician/System Administrator (Linux)
Looking for Linux Red Hat 6.x & 7.x experience system administrator along with strong windows 12 + skills
The client Hosting Installation Technician (HIT) [IT Operations Technician 3] is an integral part of the Service Delivery organization responsible for configuring managed servers, installing applications and monitoring software provided by client. HIT is also responsible for the testing of the services provided and troubleshooting any issues that may arise during solution activation.
• Ensure the satisfactory activation of client services as indicated by the product definitions and published implementation processes.
• Perform installation and configuration of the operating system and application layers, of newly ordered Windows or Linux servers either stand alone or virtual within time-frames provided by management. All installations are done via remote tools, no hands on installation is performed.
• Isolate and resolve both network and physical issues related to activation.
• Provide technical review of work order prior to implementation (participation in kick-off call).
• Perform configuration of client managed servers.
• Work with clients to troubleshoot implementation issues.
• Participate in an on-call rotation for off-hour implementation issues and maintenance requests.
• Maintain and update documentation repository.
• Provide superior customer service to both internal and external clients; being recognized through email and on client NPS (Net Promoter Scores).
• Demonstrate a desire to learn new technologies as they arise for continued technical development.
• Associates degree or equivalent education and relevant experience
• Must have 5-8 years related experience or equivalent
• Administrative/build experience with ESX 4.x and 5.x
• Administrative/build experience with Red Hat 5.x, 6.x, 7.x
• Strong knowledge of Windows Server 2008 Standard and Enterprise editions, Windows Server 2012
• Experience with HP servers
• Strong networking understanding/background
• Knowledge of routers, bridges, switches and VLANs (802.1Q)
• Working knowledge of firewalls/access lists and NAT
• Excellent troubleshooting, communication (oral and written), customer service and interpersonal skills
• Experience with Solaris 8-10
• Knowledge of Database software (MSSQL, Oracle, MYSQL)
• Knowledge of NFS and CIFS
• Knowledge of Apache
• Experience with load balancers
• Experience with storage (3PAR, NetApp)
• MCSE, CCNA or other equivalent certification strongly desired
Shift Preference: 8-5 Mon through Friday, may have to work odd hours here and there, no more than 2x per month
Network Installation Services
Wide Area Networks
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
ITG has been in business for more than 20 years and is a
financially stable company with continued growth. The company’s headquarters is
located in the Kansas City Metro Area with additional support accessible
is a provider of qualified IT and Engineering professionals to companies
nationwide and has proven experience and reputation in providing highly
skilled, qualified resources to our clients at the most cost-effective pricing.
are committed to excellence in everything we do and strive to deliver lasting
value to our clients. We believe that success is a pattern that stems from
quality and dedication in all of our actions throughout the organization.
We have long-term relationships
built with clients resulting in Preferred Supplier Status. ITG has demonstrated
to its clients that it can quickly provide individual resources or assemble a
team of qualified technically skilled resources to respond to their needs at
View the full profile
offers an excellent compensation and benefits package (including medical,
dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance and
401k) to our employees which has enabled us to attract, hire, and retain
employees. As a result, our clients benefit from our ability to provide
qualified IT resources and retain them for the duration of the contract.