To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Oakland, CA
- Manpreet kaur Deve
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Integrated Resources, Inc • Oakland, CA
Posted 2 months ago
Job Title: Financial Director
Job Duration: 3 Months.
Job Location: Oakland CA 94609.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. The position is responsible for directing the strategic development, implementation and maintenance of all financial planning functions for the organization and its affiliates including operational budgeting, productivity, long range financial planning, capital planning, cost accounting, decision support and Service Line analysis, business planning, and financial analysis.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrated ability in operating budget development, cost accounting and decision support systems and software
- Knowledge of and experience in implementing systems, ongoing maintenance and upgrades
- In-depth understanding of the health care financial environment
- Thorough understanding of revenue cycles, reimbursement and payer contracting and hospital operations
- Ability to create, design and present technical financial terminology in terms understandable to others
- Strong information system skills (financial systems, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) are also necessary
- Clinical background highly desirable
- Responsible for the Operating and Capital Budget to achieve superior financial performance
- Manage budget software selected by Finance/IT/Management and implement upgrades
- Properly plan and execute timely operational and capital budgets
- Complete budget presentation packages for various audiences: Senior Leadership , managers and Board of Directors
- Directs the development and ongoing maintenance of an integrated long-range strategic, financial and capital plan
- Manage financial planning software selected by Finance/IT/Management and implement upgrades
- Evaluate opportunities through analysis of market potential, customer needs, and competitive landscape; prepare and present business plans as required
- In collaboration senior management and business units, develop strategy to support business objectives
- Manages the implementation and integration of diverse reporting/data systems
- Builds internal reporting systems to facilitate reporting
- Oversees the preparation of proformas and other financial and Service Line analyses pertaining to capital equipment expenditures, new programs, joint ventures, and other initiatives to assist executive management in maintaining and improving the financial well-being of the organization
- Conducts financial analyses to monitor performance against budget, labor productivity, benchmarking analyses, and Service Line profitability
- Works with clinical leaders to develop and maintain scorecards for respective areas
- Provides specific operational management review and financial assessment of proposed changes to existing clinical and operational activities; coordinates the planning, execution, and reporting of priorities identified in the operational work plan
- Experience in project management, internal consulting, development and facilitation of planning retreats and proven ability in management/leadership skills. Experience in a matrix management or consulting type environment desirable
- Minimum of five years’ experience in budgeting and decision support, strategy development and business analysis.
- Significant experience in designing and leading initiatives with proven performance in meeting productivity, financial, and client satisfaction goals on deadline.
- Regularly attends and participates in meetings of the CHO Board of Directors regarding issues related to strategic, financial, budget or capital plans Works on special projects independently demonstrating ability to define problem, initiates relevant analyses and produces concise and well-documented recommendations.
- Identifies real and potential problems that affect departmental performance, and office environment. Thorough knowledge of strategic planning, budget and business planning, revenue cycle & reimbursement, and health care administration within an integrated system-based delivery organization is required
- Works collaboratively with the Strategic Planning staff to develop forecasts and financial plans related to new business opportunities
- Develop and maintain processes to monitor budget vs actual and to evaluate variances and business drivers
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Financial Planning
- Cost Accounting
- Decision Support & Service Line
Oversee staff in the preparation of financial proformas as, analyses of operations, budget preparation, financial and operational reporting, and in the education of business and clinical leaders on financial results and opportunities.
Effectively manage resources within the department to ensure that the team is having the greatest potential impact on the strategy and strategic direction of CHO's enterprise businesses
A Master’s Degree in hospital/healthcare or business administration from an accredited college or university, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 5 - 7 years’ experience; Healthcare background required
- Financial Planning/long range planning/budgeting
- Oversees 3 analysts
- Variance analysis
- workforce labor productivity reporting
- experience with Tableau and EPSi