Sierra Aluminum, a division of Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Senior Buyer to join the team in Fontana, CA. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
Manage and administer purchasing activities for materials and supplies for the Sierra Aluminum Fontana and Riverside facilities. Oversee and maintain working inventory while minimizing costs. Experience with metal ingot, billet and scrap purchases especially in aluminum is a plus. Familiarity with aluminum mill manufacturing process is desirable.
- Perform daily purchasing activities.
- Collaborate and support cross functional teams to procure hand tools and components.
- Make sound business purchasing decisions to maintain adequate stock levels.
- Analyze and challenge vendor on price increases to get the best value.
- Project demands and determine purchase requirements using MRP reporting.
- Oversee vendors by following up to ensure on time delivery.
- Track and report monthly key spending and cost savings to management.
- Resolve purchase price variations with cost accounting.
- Create requisition in ERP for purchase approval.
- Administer and update pricing, lead times, and vendor data in ERP.
- Create purchase orders in ERP and submit them to approved vendors.
- Generate and update product codes by working with respective entities.
- Identify cost saving opportunities and execute assigned projects.
- Confirm order lead times and delivery status and communicate to stakeholders.
- Maintain meticulous purchasing and delivery records.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in Business Management or Supply Chain Management with relevant work experience.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of proven experience as a professional buyer
- Business savvy and can comprehend financial impacts on buying decisions
- Organized and can prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong work ethics and willingness to complete tasks without time constraints
- Analytical and can assess data for making purchasing decisions
- Ability to clearly present ideas to management, peers, and suppliers
- Sound understanding of purchasing processes and incoterms
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office products
- Strong customer focus with ability to build internal and external relationships
Typical office environment and work stations.
Normal work week and hours with the understanding that workload can vary and must be willing to adjust accordingly to complete tasks at hand.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Material Requirements Planning