At Affinity Health Group, LLC, we specialize in taking care of people: our members, our patients, and our employees. We offer competitive salaries and great benefits! Benefits include: Health, Dental, Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Long Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and 401(k).
Job Summary: The Medical Transportation Assistant is responsible for providing safe, courteous, reliable, and timely transportation to and from healthcare appointments for Vantage Health Plan members.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Complete pick-up and drop-off trips in a safe, efficient, and timely manner
• Courteously assist members as they enter and exit the vehicle
• Adhere to HIPAA and OSHA rules and regulations regarding non-emergency medical transportation and member confidentiality
• Complete thorough pre-trip/post-trip vehicle inspections and report needed repairs to management
• Professionally represent Vantage and Affinity at all times
• Assist with phone volume and scheduling in the office as needed
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Valid Louisiana driver’s license/Chauffeur’s license required
• Clean driving record
• Minimum experience of 1 year
• Dependable, reliable, and timely
• Knowledge of Monroe and surrounding area routes
• Excellent time-management skills
• Ability to prioritize and adapt quickly to change
• Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.)
• Highly organized and efficient with strong attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff
• Works under general supervision of the Transportation Coordinator and the Integrated Care Manager
• This position operates in a professional office environment
• This is a full-time position (40 hours/week)
• Overtime may be required
• Travel regularly be required
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to satisfactorily perform these essential functions without causing an undue hardship for the employer.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to operate a vehicle and remain in a stationary position for long periods of time. The employee must frequently operate a computer and other office equipment such as phones, keyboards, printers, and copiers. The employee is regularly required to communicate with others via phone, email, etc. Occasionally, the employee is required to move up to 50 pounds and may, at times, be required to move up to 100 pounds.