Job Title: Accountant
Location: San Antonio, TX
Duration: 12 Months
· The main function of an accountant is to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
· A typical accountant is responsible for analyzing and communicating financial information for clients.
· Review accounting records, financial statements or other financial reports created by staff to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
· Review and approve budgets and periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
· Create recordkeeping and accounting systems.
· Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel and direct their work activities.
· Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend and/or develop solutions to business and financial problems.
· Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
· Prepare, analyze, and verify annual reports, financial statements, and other records, using accepted accounting and statistical procedures to assess financial condition and facilitate financial planning
· Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking
· Advanced ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
· Advanced ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed.
· Advanced ability to analyze business trends and project future revenues and expenses
· Advanced knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to accounting
· Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related accounting software
· 8-10 years financial and/or accounting experience required.
· Bachelor's degree in accounting or related financial discipline preferred
Standard Accounting Practices