· Los Angeles County div. of a NYSE Fortune 500 multi-billion $ company is looking for a "rising star" as their new EH&S Manager. In this highly-visible role you will:
Perform audits throughout the manufacturing operations and work with Plant Leadership to reduce the risk of employee injury
Maintain a current working knowledge of H&S regulations and laws to provide expertise for H&S assessments, capital projects, work orders, and general H&S related problem solving at the site, regional and corporate level as needed. Develops, recommends and implements programs to ensure compliance with all applicable local, state and federal environmental regulations including documentation, reporting, permits, manifests, training, and policy development
Develops and administers H&S training and communication programs (i.e. HAZCOM, HAZMAT, Forklift etc.).
Provide leadership and direction in the development, administration and maintenance of EHS compliance and continuous improvement program elements. Serve as liaison with applicable external regulatory agencies and coordinate and follow-up on audits to ensure satisfactory compliance. Ensure all required reports are completed and submitted as required.
Extract and manipulate data from business systems for environmental reporting. Complete and submit periodic reports for air, storm water, waste water, hazardous waste, community right to know programs and other relevant media
Record and investigate all incidents of injury, work related illness or damage to property, partnering with the necessary parties to resolve any identified corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence and meet loss-reduction goals.
Orchestrate Safety Audits of the facility, equipment and personnel to ensure compliance with all Regulations and Company Policies and ensure a safe workplace, partnering with necessary parties to resolve any identified corrective actions.
Additional Job Functional Essentials----
· Ability to Detailed knowledge of OSHA, EPA and other applicable industry environmental, health and safety standards
Strong analytical skills to evaluate performance metrics and outcomes.
- a few Years Experience in MFG environment (preferable Aerospace/Automotive/Pharmaceutical)
- Leadership Experience or potential
- Strong Organization/Communication/Presentation skills a must
- $90K - $105K
- Reporting To Human Resources Director with dotted line to Gen. Mgr.
Hazard Communication Standard (Hcs)
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)