Human Resources Administrative Specialist
The Southeast Area Health Education Center is seeking a full time Human Resources Administrative Assistant to support managers and employees of the Office or Public Health, Bureau of Family Health (BFH). This position reports to the BFH Administrative Program Manager.
Location: New Orleans, LA
Salary: $39,603 - $51,405 commensurate with experience
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures timely and accurate processing of human resource-related forms and request; researches and furnishes employee information to authorized persons as appropriate; and handles human resource-related questions. Working knowledge of all benefits for hourly and salaried employees. Supports processes related to Family Medical Leave Act, disabilities, and return to work. Monitors and tracks all personnel action request, and staff compliance with all mandatory trainings.
• Coordinates hiring processes for staff positions including posting; communication with authorized staffing agencies; sourcing, screening, and corresponding with applicants; conducting pre-employment assessments and reference checks; maintenance of all recruiting files.
• Maintains the accuracy and security of all HR-related files in accordance with the records retention policy including employee personnel files, medical files, and I-9’s.
• Maintains logs for disciplinary action, training, vacation, staffing etc. Maintains the accuracy of shared files and databases.
• Coordinates facility functions including employee recognition, service awards, safety, and holiday-related events as requested.
• May perform additional duties as assigned to support related administrative duties in support of Bureau of Family Health.
Required Education and Experience:
• Baccalaureate degree required plus two years professional level experience in administrative services. College degree in Human Resources and/or Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
• Minimum of five years administrative human resources work experience.
• Working knowledge of federal and state employment laws preferred.
• A high level of diplomacy, tact, and judgment as well as an upbeat and positive attitude.
• Ability to surface issues and handle sensitive and confidential information in an efficient and professional manner.
• Superior organizational skills with a high quality of accuracy and attention to detail in both written and verbal communications.
• Ability to learn new skills quickly, work and be flexible with deadlines, solve problems effectively, and handle multiple priorities.
• Ability to be proactive and self-directed while working professionally in a team environment to resolve issues and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated high level of proficiency in Microsoft Windows environment with an emphasis on Word, Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint. Demonstrated ability to learn new software programs or databases quickly.
• Prior work experience in a state governmental office environment preferred.
Comprehensive Benefits Package:
• Medical Coverage
• Dental Coverage
• Vision Coverage
• Employer Paid 403 (b)
• Employer Paid Life Insurance
• Short-term Disability (offered during open enrollment period)
• Paid Holidays
• Free Parking
Attention To Detail