Alphanumeric Systems is seeking a Support Analyst to work on assignments of a moderate scope where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments. Troubleshoots for systems with limited supervision. Acts as liaison between customers and departments.
Must have at least 3 years of technical experience.
Must have Windows 10 experience
Provides day-to-day technical support to employees for network infrastructure and internal desktop systems software and hardware. Performs general maintenance tasks and resolves less complex problems immediately, while more complex issues are identified to a higher level of support. Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop systems, workstations, servers and network. Maintains passwords, data integrity and file system security for the desktop environment. Communicates highly technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel. Recommends hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades. May participate in development of information technology and infrastructure projects. May conduct training programs designed to educate an organization’s computer users about basic and specialized applications. May involve use of problem management databases and help desk system.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs general technical support and troubleshoots and desktop systems software and hardware.
• Performs basic computer hardware and software installation and configuration.
• Troubleshoots general problems under direction of a higher level of support.
• Investigates system problems and provides solutions using specific product knowledge, system utilities, and operating environment.
• Follows established process and procedures to plan, install, test, and implement computer system hardware or software technologies.
• Represents Alphanumeric Systems in a professional and businesslike manner and communicates effectively with customers and associates.
• May interact with customer responding to technical questions or request for information.
• Maintains the highest level of customer satisfaction by resolving all tangible problems and concerns
- Strong skills troubleshooting PC hardware and standard PC productivity applications: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Lync, Skype for Business, proficient with Windows 7, 10
- Physically capable of lifting/handling PC related hardware, packaging and deployment of build PC devices to appropriate locations on site.
- Need to have experience with Wireless.
- Knowledge of help desk ticketing software.
Process Improvements (Business)