To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tuscaloosa, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Logistics Warehouse Supervisor-Transportation
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for coordinating all warehouse activities on a daily basis including shipping and receiving of customer products consistent with Company objectives
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate unloading of inbound shipments, stacking of product, and the picking and staging of outbound shipments in accordance with the highest possible levels of productivity
- Ensure efficient and safe operation of all materials handling equipment
- Assist in establishment of work schedules
- Ensure implementation of work schedules and effective assignment of job duties for efficient completion
- Maintain product locator and ensure optimal utilization of space
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse
- Ensure cleanliness of work area through efficient housekeeping
- Conduct operations in a manner which promotes safety
- Direct the operations of work teams to achieve objectives
- Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Assure the integrity of the inventory and assist in conducting physical inventories
- Maintain area of responsibility to strict Sunland Logistics Solutions and customer sanitation standards
- Must be flexible with schedules. Rotating Monday-Thursday shift 6am to 4:40pm and Friday-Sunday 6am-6:30pm.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Experience in Transportation required
- Experience in warehouse supervision or equivalent experience
- Broad knowledge of warehouse operations
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts
- Ability to interpret technical documents
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office operations)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
College degree or High School Diploma and 1-3 years of experience in warehouse management.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Possess or have ability to become forklift certified
Alabama Drivers License or equivalent
Hazardous Material Handling Certification or Training preferred