To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3700 East Morgan Avenue
Evansville, IN 47715
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
United Leasing & Finance • Evansville, IN
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
United Leasing & Finance, a division of United Companies, is hiring an Asset Manager for our Remarketing team at our Evansville, Indiana corporate headquarters location. This full-time salaried and benefits-eligible position is responsible for providing world-class fleet services to United Leasing commercial fleet customers. This role will be responsible to provide leadership, vision, and strategic focus of all fleet initiatives, including logistics support, inventory management, asset purchasing, asset evaluations and disposal services to all United Leasing customers. Manages an assigned team of direct reports, currently two team members.
1. Fleet Account Management
· Oversee the acquisition of fleets for our customers, striving to provide the best possible value to the customer while maximizing profits for the company.
· Work with Senior Management to develop pricing parameters for vehicle fleet purchases as requested.
· Utilize the absolute best national buying sources for purchasing assets at the best prices.
· Evaluate annual fleet purchasing contracts with buying sources, including an evaluation of the credit worthiness of the source with the assistance of the Credit Department, for COO and/or CEO approval.
· Perform other appropriate duties as may be requested by management.
2. Liquidation of Assets
· Disposition of 100% of assets within 30 days of possession.
· Continue to grow a network of purchase sources to aid in both the purchase and evaluation of assets.
· As requested, collaborate with the Sales Department in the evaluation of future residual values for vehicle fleets and equipment as required, and assist as a source for liquidation of our customer-owned assets, as may be required.
· Optimize liquidation channels for disposal of assets through retail outlets first, then national auto auctions, or other approved, asset- specific specialty sales with the goal of improving gains and reducing costs for the Company.
· Analyze historical remarketing data as well as current and future trends to develop comprehensive remarketing plans. Use industry benchmarking to evaluate internal performance and set future objectives.
3. Management / People Development
· Drive process excellence in the department to ensure a consistent approach that delivers desirable results.
· Constantly champion process and productivity improvements via employee involvement using Six Sigma, quality and efficiency techniques.
· Build, manage, and develop talent effectively to support a performance culture within the ULI Remarketing department.
· Closely manage team, utilizing 1-on-1 staff meeting management, and Subject/Action accountability standards.
· Conduct annual performance appraisals for employees and ensure submission of annual business plan goals documents, as well as at least quarterly reporting of progress.
· Ensure team members achieve minimum annual training requirements.
· Create annual business plan for the Remarketing Department, along with the COO.
· Demonstrate extensive knowledge of fleet management logistics systems and reporting utilization.
· Provide reporting to track disposal, auction sales results, historical sales data and other reports as needed.
· Develop and recommend third-party providers of fuel and maintenance services to offer to ULI customers.
· Utilize knowledge of fleet management software to aid customers in fleet monitoring and to provide data on fuel, maintenance, accidents, and other areas.
· Create/update fleet policy and procedures, to include vehicle assignment, personal use, replacement policy, accident reporting process, and other procedures.
5. Quality / Continuous Improvement / Training
· Personally commit to quality in all aspects of work.
· Provide World Class Customer Service for both internal and external customers.
- Communicate and exemplify the Company’s Mission Statement, Vision Statement, Values and Philosophy.
· Participate in and promote the established Quality Improvement Process (QIP) and Six Sigma concepts for continuous improvement.
· Participate on teams to research, measure and correct problems and to strive for process improvement.
· Attend at least ten (10) hours of training annually to continue development of work-related skills.
· Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college in Business, Finance, Economics, or related field and/or a High School diploma/equivalent plus 4+ years of relevant business experience.
· Experience in the used equipment markets including retail, wholesale and auction channels.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies:
· Possess a background in asset purchasing as well as used equipment and remarketing channels, including fuel and maintenance programs.
· Strong sales and business acumen.
· Effective leadership, including prior supervisory experience.
· Strong problem-solving skills.
· Effective verbal, written, and presentation communications skills, including negotiation skills.
· Effectively interacts within all levels of the organization’s internal and external relationships.
· Strong organizational and prioritization skills, responding with a sense of urgency while multitasking.
· Strong project management skills.
· Ability to work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees, departments, teams, and organizations.
· Ability to demonstrate flexibility in handling multiple competing priorities in a timely and professional manner.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Proficiency with both logistics software and Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Possess and continuously maintain a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving history.
· Ability to travel as business needs may require, currently expected to be minimal.
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.