We are one of the nation’s largest privately held automobile dealership groups. We are looking for an auto dealership controller for one of our new car dealerships in the Charlotte/Monroe, North Carolina market. Join our nationally renowned team!
The ideal candidate will be a bright, motivated, professional, detail oriented, organized, and hard-working individual, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and 3 + years of prior automotive dealership controller experience.
- Lead the accounting office team in all required dealership accounting functions
- Responsible for manufacturer A/R including warranty and rebates
- Oversee admin for red flag rules, 8300 cash reporting, 401k, HR & benefits
- Review quarterly payroll reporting
- Promote best practices & internal controls in each store
- Review for compliance with governmental regulations and company policies
- Train and mentor accounting staff
- Support dealer and executives by performing special projects in accounting
Prepare and review monthly dealership financial statements timely
Prepare and review reports for management as needed
Prepare and review sales tax returns
Review and keep the dealerships schedules clean
Monitor cash and floorplan balances
Prepare year-end package for CPA review
Work closely with dealer & corporate accounting team
3 + years of experience as a Dealership Controller
Reynolds & Reynolds experience preferred, (CDK experience considered)
Candidate must have a great attitude and willingness to learn
Strong technical skills in accounting
Ability to lead and build strong dealership accounting teams
Experience in mentoring dealership staff effectively
- Outstanding communication skills written and oral.
Candidate is required to have a strong foundation in auto dealership accounting
We offer competitive salary, medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, 401(k) program with company match, paid vacation, professional working environment, job specific training, & advancement opportunities. Become part of our expanding national team that offers, professional growth opportunity, excellent earning potential, training, and leadership that appreciates your drive, skills and ability. We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.
Attention To Detail
Hardworking And Dedicated