About Banyan Health Systems
Banyan Health Systems is a nonprofit healthcare organization dedicated to advancing the health and well-being of our diverse South Florida community by providing quality, integrated care that combines the best prevention, disease control, consumer education, research, and evidence-based clinical services.
The Behavioral Health Practitionerworks under the direction and supervision of a clinical Supervisor providing community-based behavioral health services to individuals with mental illness, substance use issues and/or co-occurring disorders.
The position requires high degree of self-initiative and motivation. The schedule is flexible, as determined by client needs.
Core functions of the role include:
- Providing individual, and group counseling
- Crisis intervention
- Assessment and treatment planning
- Case presentations
- Conducting interventions
- Didactic presentations
The Behavioral Health Practitionerrole is a full-time, salaried position with generous benefits, including PTO.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in the field of Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, Nursing, Rehabilitation, Special Education, Health Education, or a related human services field.
- Two years of professional experience, direct care, in providing services to persons with mental health behavioral illnesses, OR
- One year of experience, providing services to the above mentioned, working under the supervision of a licensed practitioner of the healing arts.
- Ability to read, write and speak in Englishand Spanish(or other languages) helpful. Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memorandums. Ability to effectively communicate information both orally and written on one-to-one and small group situations to clients and other employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Licensed Marriage And Family Therapist (Lmft)
Licensed Professional Counselor (Lpc)
Radiation Treatment Planning
Community Mental Health Services
Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Lcsw)