The Manufacturing Manager drives continuous improvement and optimization of all processes. This includes developing efficiency strategies to ensure the plant meets production goals and standards at minimal manufacturing costs while meeting customer quality requirements.
The Manufacturing Manager is also responsible for upholding a safe, environmentally conscientious, and issue free work environment that meets quality standards and minimizes waste.
● Provide overall direction and guidance to the operation, maximizing growth and profitability
● Direct hiring and development of hourly and salaried team members for an engaged work force
● Manage, monitor systems and activities, ensure compliance with corporate policy and procedure.
● Meet or exceed customer requirements with respect to quality, delivery, and responsiveness.
● Ensure On-Time Delivery, Productivity and Cost targets are met while minimizing waste.
● Work with Engineering and Maintenance to ensure maximum efficiencies in the plant
● Ensure systems and processes are in place that track and optimize productivity, standards, metrics, and performance targets to ensure highest effective return on assets
● Champion the Plant’s Environmental, Health and Safety initiatives
● Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills, and the ability to create accountability and to lead by example
● Manage policy deployment of Lean techniques, quality, cost reduction, complete and on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, employee relations, visual controls, and plant performance
● Analyze and plan production schedules, processes, documentation, tools etc.
● Prepare, circulate monitor monthly production plan achieve set targets to meet customer needs.