Are you ready for an exciting new, fast paced work opportunity?
Fremont Bank offers a very attractive employment package that includes:
- Various Recognition Programs including Monetary Spot Bonuses!
- Up to $5000 Tuition Reimbursement for continued education!
- 10 Paid Bank Holidays!
- Paid Vacation!
- Paid Sick Time!
- An ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) = Retirement Money!!
- 401K Plan with an employer match!
READY TO LEARN MORE & APPLY?! Keep Reading!!!
Fremont Bank founded in 1964, is one of the oldest independently owned banks in the Bay Area and is one of the top rated mid-tier banks in the nation. Voted a Top Workplace for 2021 and for the past eleven consecutive years, Fremont Bank has an immediate opening for a Compliance Officer - Consumer Banking in Livermore, CA.
The Compliance Officer - Deposit & Marketing is responsible for managing the execution and coordination of the compliance advisory function specific to supporting Deposit, Digital Channels and Marketing regulations. Identify changes to laws and regulations and support enhancement of related policy, procedures and systems, interface with bank regulators and auditors including follow-up on findings, conduct daily marketing reviews and review new products, projects and business initiatives for regulatory compliance.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provides compliance advisory oversight of laws and regulations to Business Units to align with the Bank's Compliance program.
- Manages the review and interpretation of new or changed laws or regulations and advises on regulatory application for existing and new products, addresses requirements under the Compliance program framework.
- Conducts the review of advertising and marketing materials to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and other matters.
- Assists in formulating and coordinates implementation of internal control strategies, ensuring all systems and procedures are in compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Act as liaison for compliance consultant; participates in business and product development discussions to ensure compliance matters are identified and addressed.
- Assist in the testing and monitoring program, reviews departmental and operational processes and recommends enhancements to mitigate compliance risk and ensure the Bank's compliance with applicable state and federal regulations, laws and policies.
- Assist in the preparation for, coordinate, and assist in the response to federal and state regulatory examinations as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate banking experience
- 5 years compliance, risk, internal audit, or regulatory experience in the banking industry
- Compliance CRCM Designation preferred
- Strong knowledge of general banking with an understanding of Alphabet Regulations, deposit, lending and investment products
- Knowledge of, and the ability to use, current technology proficiently, including a personal computer, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) Adobe
- Acrobat, and other technology based tools
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization
- Effective time management and the ability to work independently in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize work and simultaneously work on multiple projects, provide close attention to detail and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with all of internal and external stakeholders effectively
- Ideal candidate should be outgoing, hardworking, and maintain high levels of professionalism and ethics
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
Job Location: Livermore, CA
- Adobe Acrobat
- Attention To Detail
- Banking Services