To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Detroit, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Save A Lot Food Stores • Detroit, MI
Posted 1 month ago
Ensure stores are operating at the standards set forth by the company and in a manner that maximizes profits. Responsible for Leading, Teaching, Developing, Motivating, and Directing Store Managers and their teams in a manner that maximizes sales and profit. Demonstrates Leadership through working with Store Managers to ensure that all staffing requirements are met, company training programs are executed for all store associates and a positive work environment is created for all personnel minimizing associate turnover and maximizing associate engagement and productivity. Responsible for ensuring that all company programs are implemented, executed consistently and maintained. Programs include but are not limited to: Customer Service, SCA, Merchandising, Perishables, Center Store, Sanitation, Food Safety, Waste, Safety, Security, Productivity, 5S and Best Methods. Ensure compliance with all City, State and Federal requirements.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Ensure that corporate stores operate in a manner that maximizes sales and profitability for the company; accountable for meeting and exceeding sales, shrink and labor budgets; directing action to ensure appropriate expense allocations; providing support and instruction for Store Managers through regular store visits; develop and provide strategic direction for improvement in retail stores.
- Responsible for leading, teaching, developing, motivating and directing Store Managers and their teams in a manner that results in excellent daily store conditions, a positive work environment and excellent customer service leading to excellent sales and profitability. Responsible, along with the Store Manager, for utilizing best practices including but not limited to; panel interviewing, effective onboarding, orientation, and training as well as continual development of store associates. Demonstrate excellent problem solving skills.
- Responsible to ensure there is open dialogue between store manager and all employees creating a positive work environment and avoiding outside intervention.
- Ensures the implementation of 5S and Best Methods to improve efficiencies through higher levels of performance; monitors and controls the necessary activities to effectively achieve desired operating results.
- Monitor and direct action to ensure compliance with and execution of all company programs. Accountable to lead and direct all program compliance in accordance with company and governmental regulations. Programs include but not limited to: Sales Building & Merchandising; SCA, Security and Loss Prevention; Store Sanitation, Food Safety and Waste
- Responsible to ensure company Security, Cash Handling, Inventory and Loss Prevention policies and procedures are fully implemented and executed on a daily basis.
- Prepare District reports on request and initiate the completion of company required forms and correspondence; review documentation prepared and submitted by store personnel; direct action to insure accuracy and timeliness.
- Responsible for creating effective individual development plans and for actively coaching store management to facilitate professional growth. Develop effective corrective action plans to facilitate performance improvements where necessary.
- Protect company property, funds and merchandise at all times.
- Ensures compliance with all City, State and Federal regulations.
Number of Employees Supervised: Directly __5-10_____ Indirectly ___60-120____
Management of approximately 5 to 10 Corporate stores with each having annual sales of approximately $4.5M/year
Relevant Experience, Education, Certification, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required, or work equivalent, extensive retail experience
- Minimum of 5 years of Store Manager experience preferred
- Multi-unit management preferred
- Experience with in-store merchandising
- Knowledge of retail operation metrics and shrink controls
- Knowledge of the customer, their needs and wants, and unique aspects of the market
- Must be able to become proficient in managing all aspects of perishable operations, particularly fresh cut meat programs
- Excellent people leadership capabilities including influencing others, developing relationships, and building cohesive high performing teams
- Effective communication skills (written and oral) and ability to teach and coach
- Demonstrated sense of urgency with the ability to drive and sustain positive change in organization
- Strong planning, organization and problem solving skill are required
- Must be a continuous and agile learner.
Must possess the following leadership competencies:
Thought Leadership: Must be able to use financial & quantitative data in decision making processes. Demonstrates ability to determine underlying causes of problems/ issues and creates action plans to resolve.
Results Leadership: Holds self-accountable for the achievement of stated goals and objectives. Ability to create clear action plans to achieve performance improvement, hold people accountable and achieve goals. Demonstrates ability to overcome obstacles, tackle tough challenges and is willing to put in extra effort to achieve results.
People Leadership: Must be able to motivate and develop others. Demonstrates excellent communication skills and the ability to create a positive and inclusive work environment for everyone.
Personal Leadership: Adheres to and supports all SAL policies and procedures. Leads others to do the same. Demonstrates consistency between words and actions across all levels of the company. Accepts responsibility for their own actions and results.
- Some travel may be required, depending on assigned area
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policy and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each department and/or location.