To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA 92154
- Phone: (732) 272 – 0395
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Safety and Environmental Administrator
San Diego, CA
Posted 2 months ago
Title: Safety and Environmental Administrator
Duration: 04 Months Contract
Location: San Diego, CA 92154
- Administratively manages documentation for the Safety & Environmental Department. This includes, but not limited to, Workers Compensation claim information, employee training records, KEY Element process activities, safety/health committee documentation.
- Coordinate training activities for the S&E Department and S&E Program owners.
- Assist the Occupational Health Nurse with coordinating employee medical care and administrating the Workers Compensation Program; e.g., establish and communicate employee medical appointments, maintain employee medical files, and other activities as required.
- Work with Safety & Environmental staff to standardize and simplify reports and forms for process control.
- Work with S&E staff to revise, organize and update files with departmental associated programs.
- Provides support for S&E staff in the implementation of Federal/state/local mandated programs.
- Coordinate/document all credit card purchases. Keep P.O. book and invoices and prepare end of the month statement for accounting.
- Perform administrative activities such as typing, filing, organizing, making copies.
All other duties assigned by the Safety & Environmental Manager.
- Interprets and takes ownership of GMPs and food safety company standards.
- Must be able to provide recall information for raw material usage as well as disposals.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance on any product placed or released from hold status, raw materials as well as finished product.
- Participate in the QRMP yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions.
- Accountable for the QRMP (Quality Risk Management Process) system and operational standards as outlined in the plant accountability list in order to achieve targeted RCR.
- Participates in the implementation of the factory's playbook, especially in the pillar assigned to the department, to ensure successful completion of all checklist items/actions within the playbook.
Knowledge / Skill / Experience Level
- The Safety and Environmental Administrator must possess knowledge of and understand the following:
- The policies and procedures related to processing Workers Compensation claims and maintaining such files.
- The policies and procedures for related to the medical care for employees.
- The policies and procedures related to the process by which reporting should be completed.
- The process for maintaining and updating files associated with departmental programs.
- How to interpret and implement Federal/state/local mandated programs.
- The policies and procedures for documenting invoices in P.O book.
The Safety and Environmental Administrator must possess the following skills:
- Record and maintain employee training records, KEY Elements process activities and other safety/health document.
- Organize and Plan for the implementation of training activities for the S&D Department and S&E program owners.
- Communicate with medical offices to make medical appointments etc.
- Ensure that reports are completed following the company's standards for reporting.
- Prepare end of the month financial statement according to the accounting department's standards.
- Execute administrative and other duties assigned by Safety & Environmental Manager.
The Safety and Environmental Administrator must possess the following minimal education and experience:
- High School diploma preferred.
- Solid computer experience to include proficiency with Microsoft Word.