To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
6801 Coldwater Canyon Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 91605
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
RN Team Nurse
Valley Community Healthcare • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 25 days ago
Functioning as a member of a clinical care team, the Team Nurse is responsible for providing care in assessing patient problems and needs. The Team Nurse will implement plans of care and maintain clinical documentation, educate patients on their health maintenance and prevention, and provide comprehensive care management for identified patients.
Clinical Care Provider
· Adheres to the scope of practice for Registered Nurse per state regulatory guidelines.
· Performs comprehensive triage and advice (phone and walk-in), demonstrating appropriate judgment and skills to be able to make independent clinical decisions in routine patient care matters.
· Provides immediate response for urgent triage (includes phone) and codes within the facility.
· Performs nurse visits under the direction of Provider(s), including but not limited to: immunizations, PPD placement and reading, weight checks, BP checks, wound care, dressing changes, and retinal photos.
· Identifies significant clinical findings, makes conclusions, and intervenes appropriately.
· Implements providers’ orders accurately and promptly, using nursing judgment.
· Demonstrates knowledge of therapeutic action, side effects, and interaction of medications.
· Collaborates with providers and care team staff to identify and monitor appropriate patients for care management.
· Efficiently and accurately follows care management protocols for patients with chronic disease(s) and/or multiple medical problems, including ordering appropriate tests, referrals and immunizations.
· Acts as a comprehensive care coordinator for assigned patients, assessing patients’ needs and facilitating communication amongst other providers.
· Performs comprehensive assessment of physical, emotional, psychosocial, and environmental needs for patients.
· Participates in development of patients’ goals and care plans as well as makes revisions to these based on changes in patient status.
· Tracks and provides appropriate follow up for patients seen in the emergency room or hospitalized per protocols.
· Provides individual patient education on topics including but not limited to: medication use; management of asthma, diabetes, obesity, and other chronic conditions; and infant nutrition/breastfeeding.
· Develops, organizes, and plans the execution of health educational programs based on our health care guidelines to promote health maintenance, prevention of chronic disease, and prevention of complications of chronic diseases.
· Performs appropriate documentation to maintain the standards set by VCH and nursing practice.
· Assists the DON in training of medical assistants and LVNs and assists in skill assessments.
· Promotes the level of clinical expertise required of staff to provide safe, high quality nursing care.
· Participates in health center and department quality improvement activities.
· Able to understand and follow a risk management protocol and assists the health center in mitigating risk of adverse events.
· Responsible for reporting known and suspected patient abuse (physical, emotional, and sexual) per VCH policy and procedures.
· Assumes responsibility for maintaining compliance according to federal and state regulations and VCH policies and procedures.
· Remains flexible and responsive when changes occur in patient activity and workload.
· Utilizes material, equipment, and time in a safe, beneficial and cost effective manner.
· Communicates information effectively both verbally and in writing.
· Organizes workload to complete responsibilities in an appropriate and timely manner.
· Participates in audits and infection control as required by the health center, which may include being designated as an emergency responder to codes, hazardous substance releases, or spills.
· Provide monthly/quarterly/annual reports to the CMO, DON, and/or QI Coordinator regarding clients served and outcomes as requested.
· Maintain confidentially and complies with HIPAA and compliance mandates at all times.
· Attends and participates in meetings, committees, and training sessions as directed by DON.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the DON.
- Current and valid California RN License.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree
- Current BLS card from the American Heart Association
- Current and valid California Driver’s License with current car insurance
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- At least one-year experience working as a nurse preferably in an ambulatory care setting preferred
- Knowledge of regulations governing community clinics
- Care management experience
- Experience developing and implementing educational programs preferred
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience in working with patients and staff from diverse socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds preferred
Customer Service: Treats customers, patients, co-workers, and others with respect and trust. Is able to work effectively by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress, timetables, and issues; addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical solutions; addressing others by name, title, or other respectful identifiers; and respecting the diversity of our workforce in actions, words, and deeds. It is the responsibility of every employee to report any patient safety concern to their immediate supervisor without fear of reprisal. VCH policy of non-retaliation protects employees who report patient safety concerns
*Responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the company.
VALLEY COMMUNITY HEALTHCARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER