Seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide high-level administrative support by conducting research, handling information requests and performing clerical functions. A typical Administrative Assistant acts as information and communication managers for an office.
Administrative Assistant job responsibilities include:
• Provide assistance in the day-to-day administration of the unit and follows up on pending matters.
• Inputs and retrieves data utilizing knowledge of various computer software packages.
• Types correspondence, reports, memoranda, special projects, technical papers, and related materials for unit staff.
• Formats documents and determines page layout and selection of different fonts.
• Researches information, compiles statistics, gathers and summarizes data to prepare complex, non-standard reports.
• Receives and screens telephone calls, mail, and visitors.
• Routes callers, takes messages, and answers questions relating to the unit's function.
• May interact with Company clients to schedule appointments, answer questions, and resolve moderately complex issues.
• Composes letters and memoranda from verbal direction or knowledge of Company's policies and procedures.
• Schedules and coordinates meetings and facilities which may include travel and lodging arrangements.
• Orders office supplies. Prepares and processes unit purchase requisitions and vendor invoices.
• Organizes and maintains files, correspondence, records, and other documents.
• Verbal and written communication skills, multi-tasking, customer service skills and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and manage one's time.
• Ability to keep information organized and confidential.
• Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
• Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• 5-7 years’ experience required.
• Experience working with executives highly preferred.