To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Irving, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Payroll Shipping Clerk
Insperity • Irving, TX
Posted 1 month ago
What would you consider the job of your dreams?
One with a competitive salary? Excellent benefits? Room for growth? Job security?
How about the chance to work for an award-winning company while making a difference for hundreds of small businesses?
Insperity offers all of these, and we’re looking for talented people like you!
Insperity is a nationwide, financially sound company that is steadily growing. We just opened several positions due to growth, including this one! If you haven’t heard of Insperity, please Google us! We handle all of the human resource functions, as well as various business services, for 100,000+ companies, and are constantly winning awards like “Best Company to Work For” across the nation!
Looking for some GREAT benefits? How does this sound? 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, tuition reimbursement and 100% matched 401k. Sound good? Keep reading
Payroll Shipping Clerk
- Accurately verifies and assembles payrolls for distribution to appropriate parties as defined by Service Center Management, to meet payroll delivery deadlines.
- Upholds the confidentiality of the client and employee database.
- Responsible for reporting systems issues, such as error reports, crashed payrolls, unprinted payrolls, equipment error due to systems and equipment failures.
- Performs open and close processes. Processes test checks, verify accuracy of macros, and start up processes. Performs daily balance against stock used, including working with accounting regarding number of checks processed, damaged, and voided, as needed. Maintains security of area by admitting approved personnel only.
- Maintains check printers and sealers. Inspects accuracy of check number sequence for each package upon opening new boxes of checks and report any discrepancies.
- Processes daily and monthly reports to provide information regarding accuracy and productivity of all check processing and shipping and receiving. Aids in production and problem solving issues.
- Performs physical inventory of checks ordered on a weekly basis and report to supervisor as needed.
- Participates in front desk receptionist relief, as required.
- Supports process and audit efforts to ensure integrity and accountability for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
General Team Support
- Supports and updates team members to ensure positive customer service to internal and external customers.
- Communicates directly with payroll team to provide status of payroll check processing and distribution.
- Keeps supervisor informed of issues, problems, and special needs on a timely basis.
- Supports the facilitation of Disaster Recovery as required.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Degree or GED equivalent is required.
- One to two years related work experience in a production environment with experience in check production, mail operation and facility support.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel and demonstrated ability to learn other application programs as needed. Proficient in multi-type shipping systems.
- High attention to detail and methodology for confirming accuracy in all tasks.
- Customer service experience in a team environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in handling multiple projects/activities in an efficient and timely manner.
- Effective and efficient problem solving skills.
At Insperity, we believe diversity is the #1 quality of leadership. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.