Accounts Payable Specialist
$45 - $55K
Lenexa , KS
Bell & Associates has been engaged to help our client find their next Accounts Payable Specialist This role involves providing financial, administrative, and clerical support to the organization. This role includes controlling expenses by processing, verifying and reconciling invoices in a timely, accurate and efficient manner according to established policies and procedures.
· Reviews all invoices for the appropriate documentation and approval prior to data entry.
· Enters and processes invoices, including PO matching, into accounting system and charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoices thoroughly. Scan and enter invoices with backup into third party system.
· Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions and responds to vendor inquiries.
· Enters sales invoices into system and verifies the amount and data against the proper documentation that is attached. Scan and maintain all records for future reference.
· Inputs daily payroll hours into template and also balances and submits weekly hours to corporate for processing.
· Assists in the month-end close process which includes journal entries with detailed supporting schedules along with assisting controller with other tasks.
· Sort and distribute incoming mail.
· Other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred.
· 2+ years of accounts Payable experience
· ERP system knowledge.
· Proficiency with PC applications including MS Office.
· Demonstrated analytical and accounting skills.
· Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
· Attention to detail, great organization, time management, and multitasking skills.
· Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures.
· Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner.
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America - https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas - Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.