Network Security Engineer
- This individual needs a strong network background. They will also be working heavily with LogRhythm, so LogRhythm or SIEM experience is necessary.
The Security Engineer is a lead technical contributor for the Information Security Management function, providing technical leadership and consultative expertise with key IT and business unit leaders. The purpose of the Information Security Management function, in turn, is to bring the organization’s information security risks under explicit management control through the Information Security Management System.
- Technical Security System Administration, Implementation, and Testing.
- Working with the Manager of Information Security, provide leadership and strategic direction for the function, including planning, analysis, operational activities and awareness activities.
- Consultant on company initiatives to ensure security and compliance requirements are met or exceeded.
- Participates in the preparation and implementation of necessary information security policies, standards, procedures and guidelines, in conjunction with the Information Security Committee
- Performs required assessments and activities as part of overall Information Security program.
Security Support & Operations
- Oversee team duties in ongoing security operations tasks
- Ensure stable operations of key security controls and systems
- Develop processes and controls for security tool refinement
- Review logs and reports for potential incidents and events
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and corporate standards
Program & Project Management
- Establish necessary programs to manage current and future security infrastructure needs.
- Manage contract and associate personnel in deploying new or upgrading existing security infrastructure.
Security & Compliance
- Oversee ongoing and recurring security activities, awareness and risk mitigation
- Raise concerns and actively consult with internal teams and groups from an Information Security and Risk perspective
- Stays current with threats and opportunities from a risk and security perspective.
Consulting & Research
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with other departments, groups and personnel while serving as an internal consultant to other IT departments and key business partners
- Provide information to key business units on technology trends and opportunities aligned with their business needs
- Identify ways to improve value to business from cost and services perspective.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or IT related technologies or equivalent work experience.
- Information security management or system competency qualifications such as CompTIA Security+, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Server+, MCSE, LPIC, RHCE, etc.
- At least 5 years of full-time work experience in information security management and/or related functions (such as IT audit and IT Risk Management)
- Experience with e-commerce and PCI regulated applications.
- Strong conceptual, analytical, judgment and communication abilities
Comp Tia Server+
Linux Professional Institute Certification