Provides and applies advanced technical strategies in administering, maintaining and implementing physical and virtual servers, operating systems, enterprise storage and supporting infrastructure. Analyze and resolve system hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required. Provides technical consultation for enterprise and application project teams. Identify and clarify strategy, address gaps, define and execute related policy/procedures.
o Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
o Provides technical design and provides consulting including identification and documentation of requirements and design; including server layout, connectivity, security, auditability, availability and recoverability.
o Collaborate on definition of infrastructure standards and contribute to the overall architecture roadmap
o Translates business/customer requirements into systems or process designs.
o Coordinates environment configuration activities to ensure integration and alignment with other IT technology, processes, systems, applications, and environments.
o Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
o Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
o Collaborate as required in discussions with other IT departments, business units and vendors to identify needs, design technical solutions, develop implementation plans and participate in the implementation of new technology.
o Install and configure server hardware, operating systems, software, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
o Recommend and lead improvement when required to provide the highest level of availability and performance.
o Provides technical support and guidance in troubleshooting system performance issues. Researches problems that cannot be resolved by routine procedures. Creates troubleshooting procedures, designing resolution scripts, workflows or flowcharts. Ensures timely resolution of problems
• Knowledge and ability to perform advanced administration on mulitple company standard infrastructure technologies or similar platforms; such as Microsoft Windows Server, RedHat Linux, HP UX, VMWare, Citrix, HP 3Par SAN, EMC NAS, Cisco Networking.
• Understands and considers business goals, corporate IT standards, department strategy, service level agreements, EVA’s and budgetary implications.
• Understands and considers and applies standard concepts, best practices and procedures
• related to servers and enterprise application environments.
• Knowledge of established configuration management, network architecture development and project methodologies.
• Effective project team member, at times assuming leadership roles for projects
• Monitors emerging trends and evolving technologies, evaluating and understanding the implications for inclusion in department strategy.
• Identify alternative and/or innovative solutions to architecture problems. Education/Experience Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or other related field and 4 years of systems administration experience OR 6 years of systems administration experience
ETL skills - Skilled ETL Developer to design and fill a data warehousing environment for our company. The duties will include consulting with the data management team, reviewing the storage needs of the company, creating a refined data warehousing environment, extracting data from company servers, filling the new warehousing system, and testing the environment upon completion.
Data Modeler - Designs data architectures; translates data so that it can be read by various types of computer systems. Designs and builds databases that are used in relation with data architectures. Assists in the development of strategies for archive recovery, database implementation and data acquisition. Cleans and maintains databases by restructuring and deleting old data. Leads and sometimes directs the work of others; works with a team to accomplish common goals for the employer. Completes reports to provide to a team leader, manager or supervisor. Works with other IT groups and departments to assist in the coordination of future activities and plans that involve computing and data. Identifies and recognizes areas in which policy or procedure changes could assist in the future expansion of businesses.
Power BI skills – Demonstrable skills and creativity in the design and development of dashboards and custom reports in support of business intelligence communications. They will gather requirements, perform analysis, and translate business reporting requirements to technical specifications. They will also design, build, and deploy business intelligence reports and dashboards using visualization tools supplied by Power BI and other applications available in an Office 365 environment