Armed Security Officer
Description: We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering and promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. In fact, over 65% of our managerial positions are filled by internal candidates.
For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! We also offer part-time and flexible schedules!
Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal is seeking a Professional Armed Security Officer. Our Armed Security Officers allow us to contribute to our company’s core purpose of providing unparalleled service, systems and solutions to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses of our communities.
The armed security officer is a deterrent to criminal activity by remaining visible and presenting a neat and professional appearance in properly worn uniform and associated equipment.
- Ensures the facility is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property
- Maintains proficiency in the use of all assigned protective equipment, restraint devices and weapons
- Preserves order and acts to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises
- Participates in industry specific security/safety training programs to offer our clients the best trained officers at their sites
- Works in environments and under conditions that require carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, the use of protective gear and devices, and awareness of personal safety and safety of others
- Maintains awareness and familiarity with the site-specific operations performance manual and post orders
- Be at least 21 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
- Valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
- Able to:
- Work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow or heat
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time
PILB LIC# 1863
Armed Security Officer
Requirements for this position include the following:
Armed Security Officers
The Contractor shall provide armed Security Officers that must obtain/maintain all required and applicable guard licenses, comply with contract requirements, and assure that appropriate licenses are in their possession at all time while on duty. Security Officers must also meet the following criteria:
1. Must be a graduate of Certified Federal, State, or local law enforcement training academy, military police patrol training program, or an equivalent (Post Certification) which presented the individual with the appropriate certificate or diploma;
2. Must have at least two (2) calendar years of full time experience as a state licensed civilian or military law enforcement officer assigned to patrol duties, with experience in handling handguns or a minimum three (3) calendar years of active reserve police officer experience (minimum of 16 hours per month documented.)
Armed Officers, assigned to the RTC contract (16-091) as of the execution of this amendment date, who possess one (1) year experience will be grandfathered into meeting the minimum Armed Officer requirements.