The Manufacturing Engineer will conduct studies and develop and supervise programs to achieve the best use of equipment, technology, materials, and procedures to enhance efficiency and productivity. This individual will provide support in the design, fabrication, modification, and evaluation of manufacturing operations such as machining, metal forming, heat treat, assembly, and material handling.
· Work with production planning to set shop priorities and ensure all required tools and documentation required in the plant for production run jobs are available.
· Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
· Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
· Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, error proofing, space requirements, and equipment layout.
· Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
· Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
· Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
· Support and maintain department lean initiatives.
· Maintain department 6S requirements.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred
· Prior Manufacturing Engineering experience in a Die Cast plant
· Experience with risk analysis and failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA).
· Proficient with Microsoft Office and CAD applications.
· Experience with the use of statistical analysis software and computer-assisted design, manufacturing, and machining i.e. Microsoft Office, including Project, AutoCAD, SolidWorks.