Handles Credit and Collection responsibilities for customer accounts. Interacts with Customers, Customer Service Department, Sales Managers and outside Sales Agents & Representatives.
Credit Specialist Responsibilities:
Responsibility & Customer-Focused:
· Obtains signed Proofs of ID from customers when needed.
· Acts as back-up in Cash Application when needed.
· Keys in all Competitive Merchandise Credits and invoicing.
· Fills out Credit References on customers.
· Handles collection efforts for customer assigned accounts.
· Process Credits as directed
· Acquire necessary documentation.
· User of A/R applications and online banking procedures.
· Back up for DNBi credit reporting for new customer applications (as designated).
Researches and analyzes customer remittance deductions and issues charge backs.
Monitor customer account details for non-payment, delayed payment and other issues.
Required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as requested by supervisor.
· Safety Awareness
· Quality Driven
· Customer Driven
· Family Oriented
· Responsible Corporate Citizen
· Team Player
· Positive Attitude
· Detail Oriented
· Effective Communication (written and verbal)
· Results Oriented
· Process Improvement
· Cooperation with Others
Education, Experience, Training, Certifications and Licenses:
Degree or equivalent experience:
· Associates Degree in Accounting or General Business, or equivalent.
· Attention to detail
· Excellent written and oral communication
Demonstrated ability to:
· Ability to interact with all levels of employees
· Work at a highly motivated level with a sense of urgency and dedication to accomplishing tasks
· Ability to type on computer keyboard for extended periods of time
· Adapt to frequent changes in work environment & prioritization.
· Work with general or minimal supervision
· Leverage existing and potential training
· Conflict resolution
· Prioritizing and executing multiple projects
· Must be proficient in use of a personal computer, laptops, tablets, smartphone, printer, calculator, copier, and fax machine.
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications and data entry.