• Our client is looking for a Nurse or Medical Assistant to run a Wellness Center in Northlake, IL. Immediate opening with Monday - Friday full time work.
The goal of the Wellness Center Coordinator is to enhance the current quality of life with a client centered approach and emphasis on the aging process while reducing any unnecessary transfers to hospitals or any other senior living options.
• Work as a partner in broadening the level of care and services provided by the senior living community and identify issues that may lead to premature discharge from the community.
• Act as an extension of the community staff to help maintain census, reduce falls, hospitalizations and provide wellness services to residents.
• Act as liaison for residents, staff, families, hospitals and other healthcare providers.
• Provide responsive, culturally sensitive, professional home health and wellness services.
• Directly communicate with patients, family, onsite staff and other healthcare professionals involved in the client care.
• Coordinate with local pharmacies to set up deliver options.
• Limit outgoing medical routine visits for residents in the community.
• Coordinate with laboratories and vascular/imaging diagnostic companies.
• Be patient with residents, family and staff; continually striving to provide excellent customer service daily, even when it gets stressful.
• Stay within the parameters of compliance in the wellness services being provided.
• Responsible for getting Consent for Treatment Forms and HIPPA forms signed by all residents for discussion of any care or services, check blood pressure or glucose, do a wellness visit, etc.
• Keep alphabetical binder of all signed HIPPA and Consent for Treatment Forms in Wellness Center and update as needed.
• Responsible for Community Awareness Events and Group Programs. The Community Events Sign-up Sheet needs to be signed for all attendees at every event and kept in File of Community Events. For any Blood Pressure Screenings done Nurse will keep Blood Pressure Log in Screenings Binder. Coordinator will give CHHC Community Events Pamphlet to attendees at events.
• Perform quarterly screenings to identify any changes in resident’s health that lead to issues requiring hospitalization.
• Identify “high fall risk” individuals by conducting quarterly screenings, routine wellness checks for new move-ins and patients retuning from hospitals or skilled nursing homes.
• Facilitate yearly Flu shots and other vaccines.
• Educate and train community staff with ADL tips to enable greater independence and quality of life with clients.
• Train community staff on identifying changes in conditions with residents using: STOP and WATCH” tool, which allows us to address needs and prevent hospitalizations.
• Identify potential home health care patients and meet with resident to discuss preventative home healthcare options.
• Follow the Emergency Evacuation Plans specific to the community and assist as needed.
• The ideal candidate is a Certified Medical Assistant, Certified Nursing Aide or a Licensed Practitioner Nurse
• Two years of experience preferred
• Acceptance of philosophy and goals of our agency
• Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment
M-F; 8 hours/day
Commensurate with experience.
North Lake, IL