To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
15 Dellwood Lane
Franklin Township, NJ 08873
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Director Of Nursing
Parker • Franklin Township, NJ
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Parker is a pioneer in the field of long-term care and aging services. We are among the first to embrace person-directed care, small home models, and changing the conversation around aging in America. Parker is a not-for-profit organization with a mission "to discover ways to make aging manageable, relatable, and enriching for all of society" and a vision to "make aging part of life." With our tremendous growth, we are seeking an Assistant Director of Nursing for our home in Somerset, New Jersey.
The Assistant Director of Nursing Services compliments the Director of Nursing Services in planning, developing, and supervising the activities of licensed and non-licensed personnel who provide healthcare and nursing services to elders of Parker at McCarrick (30 Post-Acute and 90 Long-Term Care). This position assists with the development and implementation of nursing services, objectives, and policies and procedures in accordance with Federal and State regulations. Plans, directs, and coordinates clinical activities and maintains standards of practice for the elder residing in Long Term Care and Post-Acute, and advises medical staff, department heads, and administrator in matters related to clinical services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Director of Nursing Services in directing the activities of licensed and non-licensed personnel who provide healthcare and nursing service to the elders of Parker at McCarrick on a 24-hour, 7-day per week basis.
- Collaborates and supports the RN Managers and Supervisors, including MDS, infection control and staff development.
- Assist in the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the nursing department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Parker’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; performance management; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assists with the development and implementation of nursing services, objectives, and policies and procedures in accordance with Federal and State regulations.
- Shares responsibility for backing up RN staff on a 24-hour per day, 7 day per week basis.
- Recommends establishment or revision of policies, procedures, and methods and develops organizational structure and standards of performance
- Provides reports/recommendations as needed/required for the Director of Nursing Services concerning the operation of the Nursing Department.
- In the absence of the Director of Nursing Services, the Assistant Director of Nursing Services performs the duties of the Director
- Assists the Director of Nursing Services in the design, implementation, and evaluation of nursing systems that ensure consistent delivery of care and maintains and promotes elder’s rights.
- Assist the Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI) in developing and implementing appropriate plans of actions
- Assists the Director of Nursing Services in the development, implementation, and evaluation of policies, procedures, and guidelines on an annual and ongoing basis (i.e., nursing, pharmacy, lab, physicians, medical records, etc.) Prepares periodic reports, audits concerning resident care service.
- Assist the Infection Control Coordinator in identifying, evaluating, and classifying routine and job-related functions to ensure that tasks in which potential exposure to blood/body fluids are properly identified and recorded.
- Ensure that a stock level of medications, medical supplies, equipment, etc., is maintained on premises at all times to adequately meet the needs of the Resident.
- Assist in the development of preliminary and comprehensive assessments of the nursing needs of each Resident.
- Develop a written plan of care (preliminary and comprehensive) for each Resident that identifies the problems/needs of the Resident, indicates the care to be given, goals to be accomplished and which professional service is responsible for each element of care.
Qualifications and Skills
- Self-directed and results-oriented, demonstrating initiative and follow-through with strong communication, organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated relationship building and maintenance skills, including empowering and developing others, conflict management, and fostering cooperation.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Apply knowledge, skills, and experience, in a way that is informed by professional standards, laws and ethical principles, to develop an opinion or decision about what should be done to best serve our Elders.
- Possesses the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc. of the nursing department.
- Seeks out new methods and principles and competently incorporates them into practices.
- Knowledgeable of and follow all safety and infection control procedures for position
- Prior experience working with individuals with Alzheimer's or other related diseases
- Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, licensed to practice in New Jersey as a Registered Nurse.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Three (3) years of healthcare management experience as a supervisor providing long-term care and/or Post-Acute to residents.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of State and Federal regulations and guidelines governing long-term care facilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications & Electronic Health Records
This opportunity offers the following:
- Competitive Compensation
- Annual Bonus
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Pension Plan
- 403(b) plan
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans
- Health Savings Account
- Company Paid Life & AD&D Insurance & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Onsite Wellness Center & Wellness Plan Reimbursement
Qualified candidates, please forward resume with salary requirements