Manufacturing professional will provide leadership to assigned manufacturing production group(s) of 6-15 team members to ensure safe operation and to help foster a culture of continuous improvement with Lean Manufacturing practices and tools.
· Provide training, mentoring, and coaching as needed to team members
· Interview, hire, develop, correct, discipline, and possibly terminate employees to build the best team possible.
· Planning and scheduling workdays, hours, and departments to achieve optimal production flow and customer satisfaction.
· Participate in team lead meetings to include planning, safety, quality, and education/enrichment focuses
· Responsible for team production quality through process adherence and identifying improvement opportunities
· Review, understand and enforce documented manufacturing standard work and standard operating procedures, submitting known or discovered issues whenever necessary.
· Utilize root cause problem solving techniques (5 whys, etc.) for defect analysis and resolution.
· Ensure completions of operator PM on equipment to meet yield, uptime and throughput requirements.
· Utilize kaizen activities to generate continuous improvements in safety, quality, schedule and process.
· Ensure a safe, clean, orderly work environment through 5S.
· Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Experience in a high volume, fast paced, build to order environment.
· Relevant education preferred. AA or BS degree a plus.
· Metalworking / Hollow Metal fabrication experience preferred.
· Strong Customer Service orientation.
· Experience with production planning and metrics.
· Experience with one or more Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES).
· Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Effective communication, presentation and training skills.
· Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
· Must be able to pass Criminal Background check and Drug test prior to start