Inspirica’s mission is to break the cycle of homelessness by helping people achieve – and maintain – permanent housing and stability in their lives. We are one of the largest providers of services to the homeless in Connecticut. Each night, we house 350 people. We serve more than 1,050 people per year, including 250 children. Our residential facilities include emergency shelters, transitional housing, permanent supportive housing, and deeply affordable housing. We serve individuals across the spectrum of the homeless, including single men, single women, families, people with mental illness, and people living with HIV/AIDS.
Inspirica is one of only a few organizations nationally that is able to address both the physical component of homelessness (residential services) and its underlying root causes (support services) on a single, powerful, end-to-end platform. In addition to housing, we provide vocational training, workforce education, job placement, housing placement, job & housing retention support, children's services, early childhood & parenting services, case management, etc. We further collaborate with a vast array of external partners to provide medical/dental care, mental health care, substance abuse treatment, etc.
We are a results-oriented organization with a caring professional staff and dedicated volunteers who believe in individual human potential, personal accountability and mutual respect.
The Property Manager is responsible for all aspects of property management for Inspirica’s Permanent Supportive Housing (“PSH”) and Deeply Affordable Housing (“DAH”) properties (collectively, “the Portfolio”). The Property Manager is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of each of the facilities within the framework of certain policies and objectives established by Inspirica and the funders of Inspirica’s facilities.
Permanent Supportive Housing: Our Permanent Supportive Housing Program consists of four residences (Colony Apartments – 29 units, Atlantic Park Apartments – 27 units, Metcalf House – 10 units and Rose Park – 3 units). Tenants in this program hold their own leases, pay 30% of their income in rent and are eligible for case management services.
Deeply Affordable Housing: Our Deeply Affordable Housing Program consists of three residences (24 Woodland Place – 6 units, 26 Woodland Place – 3 units and Franklin Apartments – 53 units) that provide deeply affordable housing.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The Property Manager is responsible for the day to day successful operation of the Portfolio.
The Property Manager will generally work an 8-hour day Monday through Friday according to a schedule set by his/her supervisor. However, he/she may be required to work outside of those hours to ensure the successful operation of the Portfolio. Inspirica emphasizes a team approach and expects every person to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives.
The Property Manager must address emergencies onsite when circumstances cannot be resolved remotely, such as serious weather incidents, equipment breakdowns, physical damage, unresolved smoke alarms or staffing issues.
The Property Manager must have a thorough knowledge of Inspirica’s policies and procedures as well as property policies. He/she must abide by these policies and enforce them.
- The Property Manager must be knowledgeable of and comply with all local, state and federal regulations governing the property including landlord/tenant regulations.
- The Property Manager must ensure all required reporting is completed accurately and submitted on time.
The Property Manager is responsible for establishing and enforcing appropriate policies for the safety and enjoyment of the residents, including lease provisions and house rules.
The Property Manager must coordinate with Inspirica case management staff to work with tenants to bring their behavior into compliance with their lease and other facility requirements.
- The Property Manager is required to have a thorough knowledge of leasing techniques and sales methods required to maintain the highest possible occupancy throughout the Portfolio.
- The Property Manager is responsible for moving-in new tenants, including move-in inspections, qualifying the tenants, and preparing and executing documents in a timely manner.
- The Property Manager is responsible for the timely processing of tenant move-outs, which includes performing move-out inspections, collecting keys, applying fees and processing the tenant’s security deposit.
- The Property Manager is required to make timely decisions and process any necessary evictions.
- The Property Manager must ensure that property turns are done within budget and as quickly as possible.
- The Property Manager is responsible for ensuring that the correct rents are collected from all tenants and properly recorded according to an approved Rent Collection scheduled. He/she shall also be responsible for following up on late payments and, if necessary, issuing violation notices and pursuing eviction for non-payment of rent or other lease violations.
The Property Manager will ensure that occupancy levels are optimized by maintaining close collaboration with partner agencies to obtain new potential tenants. This includes creating, recording, and executing a marketing plan.
The Property Manager must manage the wait-list and evaluate applications, as required.
The Property Manager is responsible for processing all invoices for the facilities and for ordering supplies and equipment as needed for the building, subject to any spending limits and approvals established for each facility.
- The Property Manager is responsible for preparing, monitoring and working within annual budgets, including monthly reporting.
The Property Manager is required to maintain and submit accurate payroll records.
Staffing of Facilities
The Property Manager is responsible for ensuring that the Portfolio is appropriately staffed.
The Property Manager is required to assist with interviewing, hiring, training and scheduling all property office personnel.
- The Property Manager is responsible for ongoing supervision of his/her staff which should include at least one in-person formal meeting per week with each full-time staff member and one formal meeting per month with each part-time staff member. (For new hires during their 90 day introductory period this should be at least once every two weeks). Informal feedback should be given more frequently.
- The Property Manager is responsible for ensuring that all personnel respond to resident requests or complaints in a timely, efficient and courteous manner and report any failures in the system.
The Property Manager must ensure that the tenant files are accurate and maintained according to required timelines, including compliance related documents, current leases and updated income certifications.
The Property Manager must be familiar with all external requirements for Inspirica facilities including those established by law, regulation or our contracts with funding agencies. He/she should establish procedures to ensure compliance with these requirements by his/her staff.
The Property Manager is responsible for ensuring tenant work orders are communicated to maintenance and properly addressed. He/she must ensure that all personnel in all departments operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Administration) standards and company safety policies at all times.
- The Property Manager is responsible for daily physical inspections of the property and appropriate reporting to ensure the sites are safe and free from violations, hazards, trash and debris. He/she must establish, maintain and monitor property contracts, ensuring relationships are professional and contractors maintain required insurance.
The Property Manager should conduct unit inspections.
- The Property Manager is responsible for reporting any property loss or liability-related incidents by 1) completing and submitting an incident report and 2) calling his/her supervisor immediately.
- The Property Manager is required to perform other work-related duties as may be assigned by Inspirica from time to time.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- The Property Manager shall have or must acquire (within 90 days or hire) and maintain the required certifications to meet funding requirements, such as Low Income Housing Tax Credit certification.
The Property Manager will endeavor to improve his/her skills by participating in relevant training courses for property management.
- The Property Manager will develop or maintain competency in utilizing Inspirica property management software.
Candidates should email resume, cover letter, and [writing sample] (in Word format) with “Receptionist” in the subject line to: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Property Manager
Inspirica is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, disability, race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, the presence of a non-job related handicap, or any other legally protected status.
- Maintain property records, and performs property inventory and property management functions
- Review property cash flow and overall property operations
- Create monthly property management fee invoice for each property
- Incorporate partner property accountability requirements into property system
- Walk potential tenant through the property
- Manage property operations for a portfolio of properties
- Respond to all property inspections
- Maximize recoverable income on a property-by- property basis
- Manage the property lease renewal program
- Review annual property tax statements
- Understanding of commercial property industry
- Prepare bid package for property insurance renewals for all property locations
- Educate property professionals and residents
- Manage property maintenance, tenant relations and capital improvements
- Keep the property and office
- Assist with financial management for property
- Oversee all property transactions; generate and maintain all property passes
- Ensure property, grounds, and tenants
- Create and develop property level budgets for each property in respective portfolio
- Track property and household budgets
Property Management Software