To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lansing, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Staff Accountant ( Direct Hire)
Cornerstone Staffing Solutions, Inc • Lansing, MI
Posted 2 months ago
One of the largest CPA, business consulting and financial services firms is looking for a Staff Accountant! This company offers a broad range of services in the areas of tax, accounting, audit and assurance, business consulting, wealth management, outsourcing, succession planning and corporate investigative services. With over 74 years being in business, they offer great benefits and opportunities for advancement.
- Reconciling client bank account statements
- Preparing journal entries
- Updating depreciation and amortization schedules
- Preparing compiled financial statements
- Preparing payroll tax quarterly returns, annual employee W2’s and payee 1099’s
- Providing payroll tax support to clients
- Maintaining clients' accounting software and files
- Building relationships internally to foster a culture of teamwork and collaboration
- Providing a “wow” experience to every client
- Contributing to the success of our clients’ organizations
- Identifying opportunities to introduce other specialists to existing clients
- Bachelor’s degree not required, but a plus
- Interest in CPA certification not required, but a plus
- 2-4 years in handling the accounting duties described above
- Tax return preparation, a plus
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel
- Ability to complete and enter non-routine and complex journal entries without assistance
- Proficiency with accounting software programs. Accounting CS or Quickbooks experience, a plus.
- Proficiency with payroll software programs
- Ability to design a basic chart of accounts fitting the needs of a client
- Ability to read a financial statement and identify issues to discuss with a client
- Outstanding client service and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to develop unique business solutions in a team-based environment
- Commitment to continuous learning and development
- Unwavering integrity in all situations