Ekman Associates, Inc. is a Southern California based company focused on the following services: Management Consulting, Professional Staffing Solutions, Executive Recruiting and Managed Services.
The Senior Project Manager performs project planning, project oversight, facilitation, and escalation of project issues, project execution leadership, and support of project staff. They help ensure the project meets deadlines and accurately document and report project status. Manages and oversees all aspects of a project to ensure it is completed on-time and within budget. Has overall responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, internal staffing and outside vendors, and contractual deliverable. Prepares reportsfor upper management regarding status of project.
Ability to manage complex enterprise IT/applications implementation program/project
- CLM (Contract Lifecycle Management) experience is required
- Build and maintain strong relationships with various stakeholders from both business and IT
- Provide comprehensive project plans, maintain action items, and manage scope/schedule/budget
- Effectively manage multiple projects at varying stages of the process
- Develop a working knowledge of assigned business focus, strategy, and key priorities.
- Responsible for managing the overall performance and delivery of large/cross-functional programs/projects; including scope, schedule, risks, issues, and budget.
- Provide program governance with clear and consistent communication of program level and project level status throughout the organization at all levels.
- Ensure that issues and risks are identified, communicated to project sponsors and stakeholders early and proactively managed in a manner that mitigates risk to scope, cost, and schedule.
- Manage the prioritization, resource allocations, and budgeting for programs/projects.
- Strictly adhere to the client’s Project Management Methodology and reporting requirements; including project plans, agendas, meeting minutes, risks/issues logs, status reporting, and any other required project deliverables.
- Partners with engagement team to ensure successful delivery against business expectations and requirements.
- Manage interdependencies and effective communication channels between all existing projects, key initiatives, and stakeholders.
- Collaborate and communicate to ensure the on-going alignment of priorities, expectations, resource availability and service delivery.
- B.S./B.A. degree in relevant field (or equivalent work experience)
- 7+ years’ work experience in Project Management role using MS Project or similar software
- Technology project management experience working within a technology team, technology department or an IT department
- Minimum 5 years’ experience leading infrastructure projects with proven ability to identify scope, build an effective plan and execute to completion
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Excellent organization and communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts for a variety of audiences
- Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to coordinate with various team members from multiple internal departments and external vendors/freelances
- Proven ability to manage global teams with diverse backgrounds, business objectives, and time zones constraints
- Ability to effectively prioritize critical path activities to ensure on-time delivery
- Ability to effectively present ideas and communicate with senior leadership
- Appropriate sense of urgency and commitment for critical deliverables
- Foundational understanding of application and infrastructure technologies (compute, storage, network, database, web, integration, virtualization, cloud hosting, etc.)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Adaptable performer who can lead effectively under pressure and through significant change
- Experience advising and interfacing with senior executives on technology related issues
- Ability to synthesize and simplify complex concepts/requirements to the team and stakeholders and tie back to business objectives.
- Ability to interact productively with employees at all levels
- Ability and desire to continually learn about new technologies, project management methodologies and adapt to ever-changing business and industry needs
- Results- and goal-oriented, with initiative to work until job is complete
Qualified Candidates Only:If you wish to learn more about this opportunity and additional qualifications/responsibilities, please submit your resume. To learn more about Ekman Associates, Inc. please visit our website at URL blocked - click to apply.