Mechanical Sales Engineer
Our client is seeking a talented Mechanical Engineer that is ambitious and willing to learn and grow into a Sales and Applications Engineering role in their industrial / manufacturing facility, designing and building complex, engineered custom equipment and systems.
REPORTING TO: Sales and Applications Engineering Manager
· Provide innovative process and technological solutions to support the sale, design, and manufacturability of capital equipment and systems.
· Translate customer requests into practical, cost effective solutions, work with internal engineering resources to develop technical solutions, develop technical solutions using Company’s pilot facility as a development platform, partner with customers to:
o Enhance existing processes and Develop new applications
· Interact with Sales to understand and evaluate client specifications and requirements, as well as on site with customers
· Coordinate with Sales and Engineering to prepare proposals inclusive of all necessary specifications and information,
· Conceptualize designs and develop innovative solutions to enhance existing in-house technology,
· Provide the coordination between Sales, Applications, and Engineering to accommodate customer specifications and provide technical solutions,
· Use in-house design programs to define the mass throughput and overall equipment dimensions,
· Perform heat and material balance calculations,
· Create and adjust drawings as needed to ensure conformity with intended scopes of supply,
· Support PFD and P&ID requirements for systems based projects,
· Work with outside vendors to establish ancillary equipment requirements for systems based projects,
· Understand client control requirements, and be capable of defining the PLC / DCS platform requirements to fully integrate a thermal based system,
· Utilitze ERP system and work with estimator to provide accurate budgetary estimates,
· Perform onsite testing of written proposals in the lab.
· Provide Sales with the necessary support to secure contracts,
· Interact with clients on a professional level to ensure customer specifications are met,
· Prepare the technical portion of sales contracts ( SORM Preparation ) – this is required to ensure a smooth transition of project responsibilities between sales and engineering,
· Interact with Company technology center to expand upon existing capabilities in order to meet emerging market demands,
· Interface with Sales, Engineering, and Manufacturing to ensure that design concepts and sales contracts coincide with organizational capabilities.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
· 3 years experience Applications or Sales Engineering, ideally with a custom equipment or processing systems manufacturer and/or the hands on technical mechanical engineering with a desire and aptitude to grow into the sales side of the business.
· Prior experience with writing proposals as well as onsite testing (preferably in lab environment) of the written proposals
· A general understanding of mass and heat balance, heat transfer, high temperature materials, and equipment sizing principles,
· Knowledge of PFD and P&ID Principles,
· High degree of technical depth and creativity,
· Good written and verbal presentation skills,
· Ability to work well under time constraints in order to meet deadlines and client expectations,
· Experience working with and consulting with end customers and/or the desire and ability to be comfortable doing so.
· Must be willing to travel both domestically and internationally,
· Salary for this direct hire position will be commensurate with experience and will include a competitive benefits package, paid holidays and vacation, room for growth, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
· Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary expectations to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Mechanical Sales Engineer for immediate consideration.
· Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Mechanical Sales Engineer | [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Mechanical Sales Engineer