EASYSCRIPTS is a joint commission, accredited community retail pharmacy located in the business park area west of Miami International Airport. EasyScripts is equipped with fully automated, state-of-the-art systems and technology in order to promptly and accurately process a full range of prescriptions and therapeutic related medications. EasyScripts maintains a fleet of 55 vehicles in order to provide home or business delivery within Miami-Dade and Broward counties, at no charge, within 24 hours of receiving prescriptions.
EasyScripts is headquartered in the Coconut Grove area of Miami, Florida. We are proud to offer outstanding career advancement opportunities, competitive salaries, paid holidays, medical & dental insurance plans, Paid Time Off, disability benefits, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan.
The Driver is responsible for accurately and effectively delivering prescriptions and OTC products to customers in a timely fashion. Drivers must also perform administrative tasks and represent the company in a professional manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans and organizes delivery routes by designated zone, to maximize efficiency and productivity for the day.
- Obtains customer’s signature of delivery receipt upon delivery of prescriptions or OTC packages.
- Responsible for collecting proper cost sharing, if applicable, from customers upon delivery.
- Answers all delivery-related questions for customers, unless it is related to medication usage.
- Responsible for keeping vehicle clean and neat.
- Operates vehicle in a safe and efficient manner and leaves unattended vehicle in a secure location.
- Complies with all applicable traffic laws and regulations.
- Performs routine maintenance on delivery vehicle.
- Returns all undelivered packages to pharmacy at end of business day.
- Responsible for not leaving any packages in car unsecured.
- Vehicle must be locked at all times while driver is making a physical package delivery.
- Ensures company tablets and cell phones are maintained in excellent condition and used for business purposes only.
- Immediately communicates any accidents or equipment malfunctions to Transportation Supervisor.
- Fills up gas tank at the end of the shift before returning to the pharmacy.
- Establishes a comfortable environment for the customer by showing them that they are dealing with a well-trained professional.
- Communicates effectively with other professional and support staff in order to achieve positive customer outcomes.
- Promotes and contributes to a positive, problem-solving environment.
- Assists customers, family members or other clients with concern and empathy; respect their confidentiality and privacy and communicate with them in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Complies with company policies and procedures and maintains confidentiality of customer medical records in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Ensures compliance with all HIPAA, OSHA, and other federal, state, and local regulations.
- Participates in meetings, training and in-service education, as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EasyScripts and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all federal and state laws, regulations and executive orders regarding affirmative action requirements in all programs.M/F/D/V.
EasyScripts and its affiliates are also a drug-free workplace.
*Internal candidates must submit the Internal Application Form approved by his/her supervisor before interviewing with HR. Qualified candidates will be considered by the Hiring Manager.
Qualifications & Education
To be perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one (1) year of route driver experience, commercial vehicle preferred
- Valid driver’s license in the State of Florida
- Excellent driving record required
- Customer relations experience helpful
- Previous experience in pharmacy environment preferred
- Fluency in Spanish and English preferred
- Computer knowledge is required, including proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to use hand held devices, such as tablet and/or smart phone and other software applications
- Must be patient in dealing with an elderly population and sympathetic to hearing or vision deficiencies.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment
- Must be self-motivated, organized and have excellent prioritization skills
- Must be able to work well under stressful conditions
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment