Kenwood Terrace Care Center
The position is charged with the full responsibility for all environmental services functions and, where appropriate, for necessary policies and procedures for and performance of all housekeeping, security, grounds, laundry, plant operations, maintenance and safety, including budgetary functions, hiring/firing and supervision of personnel. In the performance of these duties, the incumbent reports to the Administrator.
The incumbent is designated as the Hazardous Materials Coordinator for the facility, and is responsible for, under the guidance of the Corporate Safety Officer, the creation, revision, implementation and management of the Hazard Communication Program. This includes maintenance of MSDS files, approval of purchase of new hazardous materials, disposal of hazardous materials, spill response, etc. throughout the facility and for ensuring training opportunities for all staff in the aspects of those areas.
The Director of Environmental Services provides leadership that contributes to the creation of an environment that allows maximum quality care for our residents. This is accomplished by coordination of environmental management and resident cae management needs/desires/constraints with a goal of maintaining/improving the physical surroundings for optimum safe usage
Incumbent must realize that this Position Description cannot be all-inclusive and that there will be situations arise that, although not specifically noted in this correspondence, fall under your cognizance and require your action.
- Organize, structure and coordinate the service delivery of all environmental management evolutions/events utilizing available personnel within budgeted constraints.
- Review, develop and implement environmental management policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services, and cooperate with other departments in their implementation of their policies and procedures.
- Review, develop and implement hazardous materials management policies and procedures that guide and support the facility’s hazardous materials management program and assist other departments in the implementation of their unit specific safety management policies and procedures.
- Review and determine staffing patterns, performance quality and competence to ensure that a sufficient number of qualified personnel are providing necessary services to the facility. Assure timely completion and submission of probationary, annual and termination of employment evaluations of all staff, and any submission pertaining to individual staff members for personnel records.
- Ensure staff are clearly oriented to their roles and expectations, and that they receive initial and continuing training applicable to their position and responsibilities. Effectively communicate agency and departmental mission and goals.
- Participate as a primary member of the Facility’s Safety Committee.
- Present an attitude and appearance that promotes harmony and professionalism in all situations and with all staff and resident interaction.
- The incumbent must possess demonstrable knowledge and expertise in the areas of plant operations, building maintenance, housekeeping, safety management, hazardous materials handling, security management, grounds maintenance and management of personnel. Five years successful experience in related fields is desired.
- The incumbent must possess a high degree of competency in communication skills (including spelling and English grammar), conflict resolution, human resource management and financial management. The candidate must possess proficiency, or willingness to assimilate the knowledge, to enable his/her usage of PC based application. The incumbent must be self-motivated, punctual and must have the ability to associate with persons of all levels of authority and all socio-economic environments.
- There are no special physical abilities necessary to perform in this capacity, but the incumbent must possess the level of mobility to enable touring the building and grounds in all areas of the facility, which will require prolonged periods of standing, walking and climbing stairs; the incumbent must possess an essentially normal visual acuity, clarity of speech and conversation level hearing ability.
Come work for Premier Health Care Management!