Job Summary of Check in Clerk
The Check in Clerk is responsible for assisting with overall refurbishing of incoming and outgoing cylinders, including but not limited to testing cylinders, blasting and painting cylinders. Employees must work to ensure a Zero Harm work environment for all production activities.
Key Responsibilities for Check in Clerk
- Receives, inspects, and certifies incoming and outgoing cylinders
- Operate equipment to test, blast and paint cylinders
- Assists the supervisors with tracking incoming and outgoing production inventory
- Completion of paperwork (i.e. production reports, downtime, inspections, etc.)
- Participate in a Health and Safety culture to ensure a safe practicing environment
- Other duties as assigned
Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications for Check in Clerk
- High School diploma or GED
- Able to read, write, and clearly communicate
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs., bend, sit, squat, and stand for long periods of time
- Able to operate hand held tools
- Able to follow job instructions
- Understand measurement readings (pressure gauges, scales, etc.)
- Basic computer skills
- Basic math skills
- Ability to meet performance goals (KPI)
- Willing to work overtime when necessary
- Fork Lift Experience preferred
- Material Handling equipment familiarity
- Within 60 days of hire Cylinder Requalification Hazmat Training & Testing Certification per CFR Title 49 required, requalification every three years.
Skills and Competencies for Check in Clerk
Task and project Able to make effective decisions, seeking advice when required, able to appreciate different perspectives and the wider business implications.
Teamwork and communication Work cooperatively with others: exchanging information and supporting colleagues to achieve goals. Ability to make self-understood when communicating verbally and present written information appropriately. Able to work well within a team.
Self-management and motivation Able to use own initiative to complete a task. Achieve targets, resolve issues and show motivation to perform. Demonstrates a strong attention to detail. Use actions that indicate a consideration for feelings and the needs of others and be aware of your impact on others. Sensitive and respectful of others values and beliefs.
Has a style of working that fits with the SPOT ON values - Sense of Fun, Sense of Purpose, Professionalism, Leadership, Openness, Honesty, Trust, Respect
Great Place to Work
This company values their people and recognizes the importance of keeping our employees and their families happy and healthy. The following benefits below are offered to employees that transition from temporary to permanent employee.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
- 401K Plan With Company Match
- Quarterly Profit Sharing
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Company Tools and Truck Provided for Service Positions
They take great pride in the initiatives they have in place to allow employees to grow. They offer a number of training initiatives.
- Professional Certifications
- Industry Related Technical Training
- Tuition Reimbursement
Attention To Detail