Are you an experienced transportation leader that would benefit from a career with an essential, industry leading manufacturer where your expertise can make a larger impact? Experience a greater sense of accomplishment and room to grow while earning a great compensation and benefits package.
We are looking for a Transportation Supervisor to join our Ward, SC team. This is a high impact role responsible for supervision of drivers and fleet related activities for a designated region.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Very attractive compensation
Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
$500-$1000 annual contribution towards your health savings account
3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up to higher level roles.
Environmental impact – Make a positive impact on the environment and feel good about what you are doing! You are helping to recycle useful by-products that would normally go into the landfill
- Responsible for scheduling, distributing, monitoring, and following-up all daily work assignments and ensures that the necessary resources are available to ensure that customers are serviced in compliance with Company standards and agreements.
- Performs daily tasks related to routing of vehicles to various customer and Company locations throughout the service area while simultaneously maintaining compliance with both DOT rules and regulations and achieving a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Works closely with Procurement and Marketing Representatives in both maintaining/growing the Valley Proteins’ customer base and addressing/resolving in a timely manner any service related issue that may arise.
- Coordinates equipment repairs with truck shop personnel.
- Ensures that Valley Proteins’ drivers and contract carriers operate in compliance with all Federal, State, Local and Company regulations/policies and procedures.
- Monitors on-board recording device data to ensure all fleet units are operating properly; excellent equipment use and utilization; availability of drivers Hours of Service and related follow up; and route integrity.
- Assists Transportation Manager in accident investigations, reporting, follow-up and discipline, if necessary, in accordance with Company policy.
- Maintains/monitors reports and data entry related areas to ensure performance is meeting or exceeding established Company expectations.
- Keeps management advised of all performance related issues and recommends solutions.
- Ensures that all Company policy requirements and guidelines are communicated and adhered to by all employees.
- Supervises employees to include; coaching and counseling, driver training, and driver scheduling and overtime
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future. Valley Proteins, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have the following, we want to hear from you:
- PC skills and knowledge of various computer applications (MS Office, Omnitracs, SAP, etc.)
- CDL A License with tanker endorsement and current DOT physical preferred or willing to obtain
- Knowledge of Federal and State DOT guidelines, OSHA, HAZMAT and other relevant governmental and industrial standards and policies.
- Ability to prioritize projects and meet established deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
Don't let this opportunity pass you by! Apply today!