GRSi, a Maryland Tech Council Top5 Technology Company in Maryland is experiencing industry leading growth, recognized by Inc Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in the country for 5 years, and led by Maryland’s CEO of the Year. As part of our growth, we are searching for a dynamic Windows Engineer to provide enterprise solutions to world renowned healthcare and research organizations in the Washington, DC metro area, and around the world. This position is based in Bethesda, MD.
Perform best practice desktop engineering support for an enterprise environment of 4000+ seats (PC/Mac), and 1000+ mobile devices. Perform application packaging, deployments, documentation, and release control in an enterprise IT environment, as well as secure baseline image creation for multiple hardware configurations. Leverage expertise with SCCM (primarily), BigFix, Group Policy, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, Active Directory, MBAM/Bitlocker, BeyondTrust PowerBroker, PowerShell, Ivanti Patch Management, HP Manageability Integration Kit, Office 365. Provide advice, technical consultation, and Level 3 support guidance by analyzing and resolving problems and evaluating alternative means of satisfying user requirements, research and implement new technology to service the client and the team while staying up to date on the latest solutions and communicate with the vendors to ensure the best option is provided. Facilitate requirements gathering sessions and documents requirements, including conducting requirements gathering sessions, documenting requirements, and validating requirements with stakeholders as they relate to current environments and future trends.
• Packaging for software installations using Wise Package Studio, Powershell, and VBScript
• Proficient in creating and editing MSI installers. Windows batch and PowerShell scripting.
• Consults with customers regularly to identify needs, develop and implement proposals.
• Client remediation compliancy for security vulnerabilities
• Creating custom reports utilizing the SCCM DB using custom SQL queries and SQL Reporting Services
• SCCM Software package deployment and troubleshooting.
• PC image delivery via Microsoft MDT / SCCM / USMT
• Manage group policy, review existing policies and propose changes to increase performance and efficiency.
• Design custom software distribution packages and advertisements.
• Provide subject matter expertise, coordination, and support to operations staff.
• Writes custom fixlets and analysis criteria
• Use Fixlets and Tasks to resolve vulnerabilities (i.e., apply updates and patches).
• Design, optimize and deploy BigFix action scripts to automate distribution of application packages and security patches across servers and workstations.
• 5+ years of experience with SCCM or BigFix (architecting, implementing, utilizing, managing, patching, deployments)
• 5+ years’ experience supporting an enterprise desktop engineering environment
• 5+ years of experience with deploying software in a Windows environment
• 5+ years of experience leading large, complex desktop engineering deployment projects
• Hands on experience with Microsoft Windows 10 in an Enterprise Environment.
• Experience with troubleshooting and resolving technical issues with operating systems as a Level 3 desktop engineer
• Experience migrating Windows 7 devices to Windows 10 Enterprise in an automated or Zero-Touch method utilizing SCCM.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
• Demonstrated experience supporting multiple hardware platforms (HP/Dell) with BIOS updates, driver/firmware packages and updates, and vendor support.
• Demonstrated experience in developing rigorous testing disciplines to ensure stable computing platforms
• Applied experience utilizing ITIL practices for Incident Management, Problem Management, and Change Management
GRSi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth or related condition) citizenship, familial status, mental or physical disability status, veteran status, genetic information, other non-disqualifying disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply:
To Apply - Submit Your Resume to:
For more information, call:
Innovation, Collaboration and Agility - at GRSi these aren't buzz words, they're our mantra.
GRSi is an ISO certified and CMMI/dev-ML3 rated professional services organization with expertise that covers all areas of information technology and professional engineering services -- from systems integration; Agile, Iterative and Waterfall software development; multi-tier infrastructure support; to full spectrum cyber security and enterprise systems support. Regardless of the program or the task, the excellence of GRSi is all about the people. Our greatest asset is our ability to attract and retain highly qualified professionals and our record growth this past year means new opportunity.
*2020 – MD Tech Council Top 5 Government Contractor, 3rd year*
*2020 – Inc Magazine Fastest Growing Companies, 5th year*
*2020 – G2Xchange NXT UP Federal Emerging Technology and Consulting Firms*
*2019 – MD Tech Council CEO of the Year*
*ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 20000 Certified / CMMI-ML3 Appraised*