MINDBANK IS HIRING!!!
Position Title: IT System Support Specialist (Two Positions)
Supporting: 2 Year Contract with option to extend another year
Long Term Contract Position
Location: Groton, CT or Newport, RI 02841
Clearance Required: Secret clearance and will hold up to a Top Secret clearance
Pay Rate: $74,000 – $82,000
Mindbank Consulting Group has an immediate need for an IT System Support Specialist.
IT System Support Specialist Responsibilities:
● Analyze, install, test, configure, integrate, troubleshoot, resolve, repair, monitor, and sustain IT assets to include workstation hardware, local application servers, peripheral devices, terminals, and scanners.
● Coordinates hardware and software installations and upgrades to ensure work is properly performed in accordance with company and government policy.
● Coordinates and monitors troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems and documents system events to ensure continuous functioning.
● Ensures installations are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures; determines revisions or updates to installation as needed.
● Utilize Active Directory to create user accounts, assign permissions, unlock accounts and change passwords.
● Comply with all equipment installations and modifications/upgrades.
● Provide execution strategies for the installation, maintenance, modernization, repair, and replacement of classroom IT to ensure reliability and compatibility, maximize service life, enhance safety, and provide for resolution of equipment casualties.
● Provide on-site technical support for NETC classroom network assets to include staging new assets for installation and/or cutover, apply changes to switch VLAN and Trunk configurations, and rewiring.
● Electronic Classroom (ECR) connectivity, interoperability, and operational readiness support.
● Multi-media systems support.
● Systems administration and integration.
● Hardware/software integration and Cyber defense compliance and accreditation services.
● Troubleshooting, System Monitoring, and Problem management
● Hardware/software/cabling evaluation, testing, and installation.
● Configuration development and maintenance
● Workstation/Server hardware installation, maintenance, board replacement, and cable switching. .
● Configuration/change management and Life Cycle Support.
● Daily workstation/server health checks.
● Document all troubleshooting and repair services into the Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) Remedy System.
● Create, administer and manage user accounts, assist with command check-in/check-out process.
● Utilize Altiris Inventory for Inventorying and disposal of equipment, and Altiris Management Software for resolving computer/software issues.
● Provide software support, to include; Install, configure, troubleshoot, resolve, and maintain Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) and (Government off the Shelves) GOTS software related to course curriculum within both the Network Environment (NE) and Computing Environment (CE).
IT System Support Specialist Requirements:
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems and 6 years of experience, or Associates degree with 9 years of experience.
● Must have a Security+ with CE certification
● Must be able to obtain the Modern Desktop Administrator Associate (MDAA) certification within 120 days from start date.
● DoD or Navy experience is a plus.
Why should you work for Mindbank?
Mindbank has been providing business solutions to Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies for over two decades. We provide IT Services Supplemental Staffing, Specialized/On-Demand Recruiting, Supplemental Human Resources Services, Vendor Management Solutions, and Outplacement Services.
Our nationwide presence offers consultants many interesting assignments locally and around the country. As a Mindbank consultant, you have choices. You advise us for which companies you are most interested in working. We never submit your resume to any company without your prior permission. You determine if you want a full-time or a part-time position, or if you would like to take time off between assignments. We want our relationship with you to last; therefore we listen carefully to your preferences and work hard to match you with the perfect opportunity.
We also offer:
● Competitive Compensation
● Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
● 401K Plan
● Education Reimbursement
● Employment Options
● Market Strength – Quality Reputation
● Our Commitment to our employees and clients
Mindbank Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.