To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Janesville, WI
- Jack Sieburg
- Phone: 608-709-8130
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Creative Financial Staffing • Janesville, WI
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Our client is a professional services organization with deep roots in the greater Madison area and has seen tremendous amount of growth in the last decade! With over 25 years of quality service, our client is continuing their vision of innovation and collaboration. They offer proven career growth opportunities and focus on forward thinking strategic initiatives. Empowering employees to identify improvements and follow-through are key to the success of the organization.
WHY SHOULD YOU CONSIDER THIS?
This is a stable and growing organization with opportunities for career growth into analysis, operations, and corporate finance. This position comes with a compelling salary, 401k Match, 3 weeks PTO year one, along with Profit Sharing opportunities!! The team is made up of individuals who work in collaboration with one another, managing the day to day financial operations, forecasting, budgeting, and processes/procedure improvement. You will have the opportunity to work with various business unite stakeholders and watch your work come to fruition! Our client also offers tuition reimbursement for additional education/CPA Certification/CMA Certification.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT
- Daily Sales Reporting, maintenance of lease reports, and prepaid reports
- Sales and Use tax reporting/filing
- Maintaining Fixed Assets projects
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable reconciliations
- General Ledger maintenance, journal entries, bank reconciliations on a weekly/monthly basis
- Conduct special studies to analyze complex financial actions and prepare recommendations for policy, procedure, control, or action
- Month end, quarter end, and year-end financial reporting – including presentation to executive board
- Annual budgeting and forecasting in conjunction with department heads to ensure continuous success of the organization
- Analyze financial information to determine present and future financial performance
- Evaluate complex profit plans, operating records, and financial statements
- Direct preparation of studies, reports, analyses, and recommendations in areas such as budgets, forecasts, financial plans, statistical reports, and business forecasts
- Coordinate with all levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding financial plans, trended future requirements, and operating forecasts
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT
- BS in Finance or Accounting
- 2+ years of general accounting experience (AR/AP, Month-end close, annual audit, fixed assets, etc.)
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong analytical mindset – ability to research, gather, and process key financial information