To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3200 Palmer Drive
Janesville, WI 53546
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
SSI Technologies, Inc. • Janesville, WI
Posted 2 months ago
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager will supervise a staff and is responsible for managing the team to ensure the work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
1. Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including but not limited to: accounts payable/receivable, monthly, quarterly and yearly processes, cash receipts, general ledger and cash forecasting.
2. Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial statements, variance analysis and commentary.
3. Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
4. Assist with and prepare schedules for internal and external financial audits.
5. Assist with the preparation of the budgets and forecasts.
6. Establish and maintain files and records to document transactions.
7. Drive continuous improvement in key financial processes.
8. Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
9. Individuals directed by management to operate a vehicle for work purposes will observe the requirements of the Fleet Safety Program.
10. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
11. Support, promote, and perform in a manner consistent with continuous improvement goals and the values of SSI Technologies, Inc. which includes following the policies, procedures, and requirements of our Quality Management and IS0 14001 Environmental Management Systems.
12. All other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Professional/Technical Experience, Skills and Education:
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent major, required.
2. 5+ years of financial accounting experience, required.
3. Prior supervisory experience, preferred.
4. Prior experience with working with a publicly traded company, preferred.
5. Advanced Excel skills, required.
6. Proficient in Microsoft Office, preferred.
· A good business person, with a solid grasp of finance.
· Proven ability to manage deadlines, prioritize, and multi-task.
· Organized, detail orientated and executes with a sense of urgency.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Data driven mindset in identifying and prioritizing opportunities and issues.
· High degree of integrity and ability to handle confidential information
· Good team player with an ability to operate in a cross-functional organization.
· Demonstrates comfort level in interacting with all levels of the organization.
· Demonstrates a high degree of customer focus.
· Capable of providing proactive analysis of opportunities and risks.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.