Frequency Key: Rare: up to 1 hour, Occasional: 1-3 hours, Frequent: 3-6 hours, Constant: 6-8 hours
Pushing/pulling--Constant up to 100+ lbs.
Lifting/Carrying--Frequent up to 50+ lbs.
OSHA laws require the use of the following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety:
- Latex and / or rubber gloves
- Safety glasses
- Safety belts
- Closed toe and heel shoes with rubber soles
Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE. The hotel provides the required PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly to your Manager.
Exposures: In this job, you will be exposed to cleaning chemicals, vibrations, humidity, cold, heat, dust, and noise
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill & Ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Ability to arrive to work on time and when scheduled
- Physically able to move large objects such as: carts, large bags of linen, ironing board
- Physically able to operate cleaning equipment such as: vacuum cleaners, brooms, spray bottles
- Ability to read and recognize room/suite numbers
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and team members verbally or in written form
- Ability to learn, follow and enforce standards for cleanliness as they apply to all aspects of suite
- Ability to follow all safety procedures/standards and able to recognize and act in emergency
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in hotel housekeeping required
- Background and job reference check, drug screening
- Ability to listen effectively and lead a team
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team, delegate/manage/organize projects and priorities consistent with company objectives
- Brand knowledge preferred
Benefits include competitive pay, insurance (medical, dental, vision), paid vacation, structured retirement plan, and a chance to work with a great team of motivated people.
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.