To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Norwalk, CT 06850
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Top Prospect Group • Norwalk, CT
Posted 2 months ago
Top Prospect Group, Inc., is currently representing a Global, Norwalk, CT based firm in a search for a Senior Systems Engineer to join their team on a 6 month + contract basis.
The Senior Infrastructure/Systems Engineer deploys and manages Windows and Linux based systems and all IT Infrastructure used in the development and production infrastructure of multiple SaaS applications. This position requires strong organizational and collaboration skills and partnering with numerous distributed teams is a must for success.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES - Sr. Infrastructure/Systems Engineer:
- Build and maintain all critical IT infrastructure including Virtualization, Servers, Storage, Switches, Load Balancing, Firewalls, and Networking.
- Implements and deploys Windows and Linux based systems to support business objectives including pre-production and production areas.
- Provides on-call support to resolve and/or escalate production incidents or issues outside normal working hours including support during software deployment/release activities.
- Collaborates with other infrastructure teams, software engineers, business analysts, and other company stakeholders to gather requirements and implement systems to meet business and technical objectives, SLAs, availability needs, and capacity requirements including high availability, farms/clusters, and disaster recovery.
- Participates in all phases of systems development, deployment, configuration, and monitoring including performance and availability, alerting, data integrity, security and capacity planning.
- Performs all tasks in accordance with Agile project management methodologies, adhere to version & release management, scheduling, change control, security and applicable operational policies and procedures.
- Creates and maintains system procedural and technical documentation.
- Performs other tasks including patching, maintenance, and administration of systems and applications as needed to meet the requirements of the business and objectives of the team.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and knowledge
- Demonstrable skills in deployment, configuration, maintenance and administration of Windows and Linux operating systems and applications
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, excellent organizational skills, proven ability to prioritize multiple activities and objectives to thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience in a SaaS web development environment.
- Ability to write effective technical documentation with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong virtualization knowledge, especially VMWare ESX/ESXi.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking, VLANs, firewalls, load balancers.
- Proficiency in scripting languages (e.g. PowerShell, Bash, Python) and provisioning tools such as SaltStack, Ansible, Vagrant or others.
- Demonstrable skills and experience with database server connectivity, including MS SQL, DB2, MySQL, Mongo
- The following skills/experience not required but considered to be a plus:
- Experience working in a Scrum Agile workflow.
- Experience with continuous software deployment.
- Experience with cloud computing services such as AWS and Azure.