Hourly Assistant Manager
Reports to : General Manager
Job Type : Full-time
Company Background – Flynn Restaurant Group
Greg Flynn founded Flynn Restaurant Group (FRG) in 1999 with the acquisition of eight Applebee’s in Washington State. Since then the company has grown at over 20% a year and in the process has become the largest restaurant franchise and one of the 20 largest foodservice companies of any kind in the United States.
While the company’s initial focus was growing within the Applebee’s system, it has since added three other leading brands starting with Taco Bell in 2013, followed by Panera in 2015, and most recently Arby’s in 2018. Today, through its four wholly owned subsidiaries, Apple American, Bell American, Pan American, and RB American, FRG owns over 460 Applebee's, 270 Taco Bells, 130 Panera cafes, and 369 Arby’s, representing $2.4 Billion in Sales and directly employing more than 48,000 people in 34 states.
Going forward the company plans to continue its aggressive growth by building and acquiring additional restaurants as well as opportunistically expanding into other brands and businesses.
Company Background – RB American Group
Founded in 2018, RB American Group owns and operates over 369 Arby’s restaurants in Arkansas, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Washington, and Wyoming. With over $400 million in sales and 8,000 employees, RB American is the largest Arby’s franchise and one of the largest restaurant operators in the United States.
RB American is built on a decentralized model, which means that each geographic market is led by a Director of Operations. Reporting to the DO are Area Directors, who are multi-unit operators, responsible for the overall function of the restaurants in their areas. Reporting to the ADs, are General Managers, who are the restaurant leads responsible for the overall running of their unit.
In addition, all markets are assisted by the Restaurant Support Center, which provides Accounting, HR, IT, Marketing, Payroll, Purchasing, Real Estate, and Training support. Some of these departments are based in Cleveland OH while others are in Tulsa OK.
Assistant Managers support the General Manager by contributing to profitable restaurant operations. Assistant Managers may be called upon to complete additional core and support management functions.
● Support General Manager with store operations.
o Ability to manage a fast-paced restaurant through organization and coordination of schedules, supervision and coaching of employees, problem-solving, maintaining store cleanliness, execution of sales and marketing initiatives, training employees and providing exceptional customer service.
● Oversee daily systems execution (prep, tempering, admin, food and employee safety practices).
● Training, developing and coaching team members by utilizing RB American training programs and Learning Management System.
● Know, enforce, and educate Team Members and Shift Managers on Product Quality Standards, Safety Standards and Cash Control Policy.
● Creating a warm, welcoming work and dining environment.
● Monitoring and reinforcing food safety and sanitation procedures.
● Ensuring adherence to all RB American Group policies and procedures, along with any local, state and federal laws and regulations.
● Maximizing restaurant sales and profitability through managing inventory, labor costs, proper cash controls and training employees.
● Ensuring successful execution of daily, weekly, and monthly requirements, including but not limited to truck orders, inventory, scheduling, new product training, etc.
● Doing whatever it takes to “Make it Right” for our guests.
● Work in position or other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements
● Minimum of 1 year of management and/or leadership experience required (service industry preferred).
● Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
● Must have a valid driver’s license.
● Must be able to pass a background check.
● Scheduled for ServSafe Class at first opportunity and must be certified within the 1 st year.
● Exceptional customer service skills
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
● Ability to maintain deadlines and prioritize while running an effective shift.
Employment Factors & Physical Activity
● Hours: 40 hour work week (approx. hours are not guaranteed and may vary).
● Ability to work all shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
● Must provide proof upon hire of legal status to work in the United States.
● Standing/Walking: 100%
● Bending, reaching, carrying, and stooping
● Lifting: 30-50 lbs.
The employee is responsible for performing the essential responsibilities of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. The employee should notify RB American Group of any reasonable accommodation requests and may need to provide supporting medical documentation. This job description may not list all duties for this position and the employee in this position may be required to perform other duties to meet business needs. RB American Group LLC reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the employee or RB American Group, LLC may terminate employment at any time.
Why Work for RB American Group?
RB American Group offers a variety of benefits and perks to encourage and empower our employees. We are committed to helping each employee work and live to his or her fullest potential.
RB American Group and Flynn Restaurant Group are an Equal Opportunity Employer