Site: Advocate Condell Medical Center, Libertyville
Hours: Must be flexible to work both 11:00 am to 7:30 pm and 11:00 am to 11:00 pm, including rotating weekends and rotating call
Status: Full time
To assist in providing quality patient care in a manner which is patient~focused, technically appropriate, and cost effective. The Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) works under the direct supervision of a registered nurse in accordance with the Standards of Practice and within the guidelines of the Illinois Nurse Practice Act.
CST is responsible for establishing and maintaining a sterile field, a safe patient care environment, and appropriate supplies/equipment as required for the operative procedure. The CST functions as a cooperative health care team member in a critical care environment treating the patient in a holistic manner with dignity and respect.
Responsible for compliance with hospital policies and procedures.
Responsible for maintenance of professional growth.
Performs duties in the scrub role as assigned.
Responsible for the preparation of the surgical field and supplies/instruments delivered to the field.
In collaboration with health care team, assists in providing for a cooperative work environment.
- Graduate of surgical technologist program OR 2 years of surgical scrub experience
- CPR certified.
- Certified Surgical Technologist certification will be obtained by the employee by sitting for the certification exam within 3 months of employment.
- Must be willing to work with exposures to body fluids, waste and chemicals, radiation, hazardous materials, anesthesia gases and life threatening diseases
- On~call availability (nights, weekends, holidays)
- Rotating shifts
- This position needs to recognize the needs and behaviors of specific age groups of patients treated.
- Ability to move heavy patients and equipment and to stand for long periods of time
- Flexibility to deal with stressful, changing environments
- Ability to respond quickly to emergencies
- Ability to communicate, cooperate and work well with others.
Diseases And Disorders